Bulk T6 AoE Speed Hammer Mining Results

I only mine diamonds, so I cannot speak on the rest of the gems.

MkRib and Kol Huroo are the only places I mine diamonds.

Skill Points:

Minimum - 46 points

• Power: 8/8
  • Luck: 8/8
  • Attributes: 5/5
  • Hammer Mastery: 5/5
  • Hammer Epic: 1/1 (5 points)
  • Durability Drain Epic: 1/1 (5 points)
  • Volatile Protection: 5/5
  • Damage Epic: 1/1 (5 points)

Recommended - 32 additional, 78 total

• Control: 6/8
  • Dexterity: 8/8
  • Zeal: 8/8
  • Energy Epic: 1/1 (5 points)
  • Energy Regen Epic: 1/1 (5 points)

Ease of access - 17 additional, 95 total

• Control: 8/8
  • Shadow Effect: 1/1 (5 points)
  • Potent Protection: 5/5
  • Caustic Protection: 5/5

Atlas/Location:
Viewing your atlas with a light source equipped can help reduce the glow around the edges slightly, keeping you closer to the higher density areas and away from the boundaries.

For Diamonds with max control, I stand on 6-8 height and mine relatively flat, then spam upwards occasionally to reveal all of the blocks above me as well. Mine ALL coal, ores, and other blocks you might find to open up more area as well as cash in on those lower valued items. You shouldn’t be only worried about gems!!

Don’t fear lava, just approach it with the respect it deserves. I often find a lot of diamonds close to the lava. Just make sure when you find lava you quickly mine down a place for it to flow so it doesn’t run towards you. I usually follow the edge of the lava when I encounter it until I make it to the other side. If it is a large lava lake, I will go over it.

You can check your height by opening your locations menu and viewing it there, or if you play on PC open your debug menu and have it float at the top of your screen while mining.

The altitude is listed under the main section of the debug information. You can scroll the bar on the right-hand side so that it is the highest item on the menu, then reduce the size of the debug screen so that it only displays the player position like in the above screenshot.

Location, location, location. The area I am currently at in Kol Huroo is my go-to mining spot. If you happen to die from lava or open into a cave with hostile mobs, the valley directly above my location is very low elevation. It is a small seam between two mountain ranges. You can get back down to the mining area very quickly by mining straight down from the bottom of the valley.

Gear:

• T6 AoE Hammers
  • Light/Lootsitck
  • Food (persisting pies, starberry pies or teaching pies AND cooked meat to restore energy between pies)
  • Potions (Speed Brews)
  • Grapple for rare instances
  • Liquidbreak hammer for rare instances
  • Healing bombs for rare instances
  • Regen bombs for rare instances
2 Likes

I decided to do 1 hour at Kol Huroo WITHOUT collecting rocks. It took 45 mins to fill my inventory (14 mins 38 secs left on a 1 hr timer).

I was mining in the same location I did the initial test in, only 3 days ago, so the amount of resources was a little lower than average.

Profit: 192,794
Profit per hour: 257,000

Profit per hammer: 30,125
Gems per Hammer: 273

I used 6 and 40% of another hammer.

Total Cost: 52,855

• Speed Brew - 3 @ 525 ea = 1,575
  • Starberry Pie - 2 @ 40 ea = 80
  • Hammers - 6.4 @ 8000 ea = 51,200

Revenue: 245,649

• Diamonds - 1750 @ 55 ea = 96,250
  • Hard Coal - 3568 @ 20 ea = 71,360
  • Med Coal - 2262 @ 6 ea = 13,572
  • Gold - 1284 @ 25 ea = 32,100
  • Titanium - 1562 @ 10 ea = 15,620
  • Iron - 2233 @ 7.5 ea = 16,747

OTHER:

• Salt Rock - 2,393
  • Flint - 130
  • Opal - 241
  • Cobalt - 283
  • Olivine - 153
  • Sulphur - 79
  • Saltpeter - 27

Overall summary, you are wasting your time and hammers gleam farming for 100,000 / hr. Just with diamonds you beat that profit and the xp isn’t bed.

ALSO: I added a portal to the Sol Khalis portal network that puts you in between the east and west mountains that I mine at on Kol Huroo.

Sol Khalis connects to TNT Megahub (Circarpous I), DK Mall (Tana VII), and Guardian Network (Grovisias Te)

Head East from Sol Khalis Hub to Besevrona then South to Cardass, Shedu, Galan, Kol Huroo

5 Likes

Something to think about if you are only speed mining for profit, I used to get considerably more per hammer going after silver and gold. Usual buy prices for silver were 21-22c and for gems were a little more than double, but could get about 3 or 4 stacks of silver for every SS of diamonds. I haven’t done any spread sheets on it in a long time, but it might be worth looking into if money is your main goal.

4 Likes

But where can you mine silver and diamonds in the same location? I thought diamonds stopped roughly where silver started. You’d be in relatively low density of both if you tried to split the gap, no?

1 Like

I don’t go after diamonds at all when I am going for money. I go to cardass or norky. If I do gems, I usually do sapphs or topaz. There are better spots for them with much higher xp/hr compared to diamonds.

Edit: I see what you are asking. I am just talking of the time spent for comparison.

Ahh, I gotcha! I only do diamonds because the spawning isn’t dependent on the surface level from what I can tell. I tried doing other gems in the past but got frustrated having to change elevation all the time to keep up with the gems. I will try Silver on my next long mining session!! Any tips?

1 Like

I usually go to norky and head down to about 20 or so alt in a hotspot then go crazy.

Here’s a secret for mining the same hotspot: if you only target one or two types of ores/gems, when they regen, the other types of ores you didn’t mine will also come back to a certain degree, which causes there to be less of the desired gems/ores in that particular hotspot. This is also why people find greater densities of topaz at certain elevations on galan, since that level gained more density because a lower or higher altitude was mined extensively.

1 Like

These tips were actually super helpful!

I’m still not making more than 100k an hour but I’ve used 4 hammers and made about 300k in all after ~8-10 hours across two days. This is huge for me because I was barely getting enough to pay for one hammer before lol

2 Likes

Sounds like you are using durability hammers and persisting pies?

That is a great method to get a high return on investment. With a large enough pool of money Mega Fast brews and hammers with at least +15 action speed (reaches max action speed) you can mine way more blocks per hour. This gives you a smaller yet quicker return. Extremely less profit per hammer however way more coin/xp per hour.

2 Likes

Highly recommend doing 2 hr tests just because that is what I think most people probably do (ex. Mine for ~2 hrs, maybe 10 minutes more just to get a full inventory of stuff after the campfire expires, go back to base and go through it all, take break after queuing up machines).

With my own personal testing between Durability Hammers vs. Speed Hammers, speed hammers is the way to go. Just the raw numbers gotten out of the reclaim was vastly increased…

With Durability Hammers I was getting 165k items per reclaim.

After changing to Speed Hammers I started getting at least 235k, sometimes 250k items per reclaim doing runs on the same planet.

That’s a very generic piece of data but it’s still useful if all we’re talking about is overall yield. More yield = More rocks = More experience. More coin is nice too, but I was definitely strip mining for experience :slight_smile:

2 Likes