C++ Build Bugs & Issues

That looks really unusual, is it happening on other worlds?

Removing/moving your beacon does not reset the number of plots used. Now says I have all twelve plots used. I only have three.

1 Like

If you place two slabs of different types in the same block space, the entire block becomes the type of the second block placed. After breaking, both slabs are of the second type.

3 Likes

Duping glitch confirmed :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t know about duping, sounds more like alchemy to me.

The law of equivalent exchange in effect?

Definitely alchemy. Converting wood into bricks.

3 Likes

Could be an early adaption of the feature(accidental leak of profession?), so might not be balanced yet and we don’t really know what would be equivalent exchange in the universe of boundless, so might not be a bug, but I guess we’d have to here more from devs before making more assumptions.

It’s a confirmed bug from the java script version that carried over. Fun to joke about, though :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh dang it, but your right it is a good one to make jokes about. :grin:

If water runs over a block containing a torch, the stick of the torch disappears once the water recedes.

This is does not persist after log out.

2 Likes

If you cut off falling water from it’s source block the water disappears instantly.

This upsets gravity, just a little bit.

Two things…apologies if these are repeats:

1. When opening a door, if standing in the block the door will swing into, and in the half of the block where the door will land, I get stuck. This is 100% repeatable.
  2. On OSX on the latest C++ build, when exiting the program, it hangs every time, and never completely exits. I have to “force close” the program.
1 Like

I have the same issue as @gravygoat when trying to quit the game. I have to “Force Quit.”
But I also noticed another bug (or maybe even it’s a nifty feature). If you get up right next to a wall, and walk off the edge (staying along the wall), you won’t fall down. It’s as if the game thinks you are still standing on something.

Here I am looking towards my stairs:

When I walk towards them, I don’t go down:

I did the same thing outside:

This is 100% repeatable.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve done this before, I just thought it was part of the game.

P.s SHHHHHH, i need to build you know

1 Like

The wall walking is a known bug that has come across from the previous build.

I also get the force quit issue on my Mac too, so it seems to be consistent.

1 Like

On OS X, and I’m not sure exactly how to reproduce this one:

• While loading a new world and rotating the view left/right the game started snapping my view around (I would turn left, and then it would rotate a bit back to the right - and vice versa)
  • This isn’t consistent, but when it happens it is most prevalent while loading, and then it stops happening once things have popped in

world generation bug (I think), if you’re not already aware of it:

It looks like these trees were probably constrained to grow on grass, but the growth seems to have killed off their trunks

1 Like

Aaand one more - in evening light, OS X textures get weird (specular?) highlights (on more block types than just growth):

2 Likes

Also the grass below still shows through the growth blocks

3 Likes