Call me crazy

Ok, so I’ve decided to make a ton of marble, problem being it uses metamorphic rock, I bought sedimentary and igneous rock from exons to make marble using the transformation chisel to keep the color, but change to metamorphic giving me the ability to get the colors I want for marble. It would be great if there was a transformation machine that would change a smartatack into another type of block, please… lol

24 Likes

A lot of people have asked for this but for whatever reason we haven’t heard anything about plans or if they even consider changing it

3 Likes

I’d like this very much. it was suggested before.
could be the same thing as the spraying machine, using transform chisels as ‘fuel’ without any durability related epics

3 Likes

Dido !! And yup was suggested before… I’ll see if I can find the original post and link it here for additional support of it.

But definitely a huge QOL.

Edit: also with the ability to automatically feed the machine from selectable storages.!! Click and sleep!! Wake up like Christmas morning with all the new blocks!! YAY :grin:

Second edit; here’s another similar post Auto chisel

4 Likes

I suppose that the changer chisel is meant to be a tool that physically changes the surface appearance of a thing, not magically the material itself. and marble needs a specific material… (i know it transmutes metals somehow :D) but it could be solved by not calling it marble. could be ‘decorative polished stone’, since marble is something you mine not make…

2 Likes

I think marble is type of metamorphic rocks. In theory it’s a polished metamorphic rock.

2 Likes

I would also love this, I did this to get the color of marble that I have on my house. So many hours of change chiseling to get the amount of metamorphic that I needed for my house :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

To bad you can’t add AOE to the chisel

1 Like

‘‘Marble is a metamorphic rock composed of recrystallized carbonate minerals, most commonly calcite or dolomite… In geology, the term “marble” refers to metamorphosed limestone, but its use in stonemasonry more broadly encompasses unmetamorphosed limestone’’ (which is a sedimentary rock) and polished granite or basalt (volcanic) is used commonly too. the rock that goes into the recipe shouldn’t in my opinion matter that much in BL :slight_smile:

1 Like

Or just make the recipe take any rock type. It seems silly it should matter so much.

7 Likes

I feel like it should if the other rocks also had unique decorative uses. But they don’t so we should be able to use any stone.

I don’t see why not devs would give us a changing machine. It’s just probably not a priority

2 Likes

You is Cray cray😉

2 Likes

I’m guessing it’s more they are busy prioritizing other content. We’re really behind on the expected content and I bet that the creative mode is a huge undertaking.

But here’s to hoping this idea gets more traction once the higher priorities are addressed.

Would love that a machine that changes the block type. Don’t even mind if i have to drop changing chisels in to the machine.

2 Likes

I agree… change chisel fuel would be kinda cool. hiding from the fallout for that statement

2 Likes

I may be the outlier here, but I thought this was a long term MMO type game? I see many in forum topics always say “for QOL” purposes, but I feel many ideas for changes in certain game functions or mechanics somewhat break the purpose of the MMO and the grind or challenges that come with these games.

I’m all for ease of use here and there don’t get me wrong, but this game should have challenges or struggles to achieve certain goals or milestones. I like the idea that currently people have to work harder to have or do specific things to accomplish their overall goals. It also then shows the community that you most likely put in real efforts to get the desired result which is pleasing or rewarding in itself is it not?

Not trying to cause issue here haha. Just a real opinion on this that may offer a different perspective.

7 Likes

Funny this topic came up today and I was going to start a related suggestion thread.

I would love to see two other new desirable blocks based on the other base rock types. So for example meta makes marble, sedi makes maat composite and igni makes laminate tiles. This would be a fun interchange of receipt arcs.

5 Likes

This is a very unpopular concept here. Another common trigger is “I like the concept of color scarcity”.

5 Likes

This is a very unpopular concept here. Another common trigger is “I like the concept of color scarcity”.
[/quote]

Well here’s another unpopular concept then haha. If you want the MMO game to be like a creative mode game, wait for creative mode to be released, then go and create with everything handed to you on a silver platter from the start with zero efforts as much as your heart desires. Otherwise, welcome to a game that requires some efforts to be made. It can’t all be QOL, QOL, QOL. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::wink:

2 Likes

Honestly I would prefer a new type of thing to strive for. Waiting for a specific color to appear on an exo with this algorithm isn’t a challenge or goal for me. Some people are holding onto color scarcity for the simple reason that we don’t have a better challenge worth chasing. Usually it just results in me and likely other people settling for colors close to the color we actually want and being unsatisfied with the build because of it. Boy do I get excited seeing another white gleam exo :yawning_face:

5 Likes