Call me crazy

This will eventually all come in time when future updates incorporate more gameplay mechanics and open the world’s even more for the various things people enjoy doing, or hope to do one day. It will all come! Haha

It may be unpopular with some, but I don’t disagree with you. I like the grind… I like the feeling of accomplishment and having something that took work to get. I understand not all people feel that way, but it doesn’t mean a portion of the community that finds enjoyment that way can’t express themselves.

4 Likes

Yes!! Me too and I even go a bit crazy some days or sessions when I’m focused on one task the whole time just to get that little goal achieved in the end. But it’s a feel good and one I worked for to get. If many things in this game were just effortless or dulled down, what’s the point?

Lol… I made the QOL. It’s has to do with placing 1000s of block and standing for hours with peat and repeat. Personally I love to grind, but even for me a change chisel constantly for that is alittle over done without reward for that much time. There are still loads of rewards in game for putting in time for fun.

Again just a personal opinion.

2 Likes

This may be true in this case surely. And your opinions are always all good! I’m just of the belief for myself that if I disagree with something, I won’t just stay quiet :stuck_out_tongue: I will share my thoughts just the same even if it may sound harsh at times… never trying to personally attack anyone obviously.

2 Likes

You crazy! (Just read the title) :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I do the same, all good. Different points help make the forum and game better and more interesting. Not taken as an attack by me. Besides I’d have to just concentrate on work if there’s nothing interesting here!! Lol

2 Likes

I think many have differing opinions of how to classify effort. Some see it as engaging gameplay to overcome and others see it more as time spent on a project. I’m in the first group and seperate effort and time. Boundless has a lot of relaxing grind. I do love me a good grind, but it lacks real engaging content. Its one of the reasons building does so well. Its as challenging as you want because it comes from the player and not the game mechanics.

3 Likes

Ugh…work…me too haha

May even just stay up here on this lift and just read

1 Like

Lol better than being on a scissor lift with 2 guys who want to snort something up their nose all day. I don’t miss the 5 am construction scene. I went to self employment 15 years ago. Although when I take sub jobs in the city I seem to encounter the ■■■■ end of the stick time and time again.

1 Like

Seen that too often. I’m one of those rare tradesmen who doesn’t do that kind of junk. But I hear ya!

2 Likes

“Hey, I built this tower out of gold! It’s hard to mine!”

Vs.

“Hey, I built this tower out of lime pink marble… chisel changed all 10,000 blocks myself!”

Scenario #2 comes down to flat out color scarcity… and whether or not people are for or against color rarity. I’m in the group that wants to be able to use any color block in any build 24/7 with a small or reasonable amount of effort while the other group wants to own 137 of the 152 blocks of a certain color in the universe. I just don’t see how paying thousands of coins for a handful of a rare color makes the game fun. It’s not like the average person can look at your build and tell.

4 Likes

Does scenario #1 not come down to flat out gold scarcity? How does the same not apply?

I get what you’re saying, but transforming thousands of blocks is really tedious and it doesn’t feel rewarding at all to me :smiley: It’s so easy, but oh so tedious.

7 Likes

as someone who had to recently manually transform 2k sedimentary rock to meta using a chisel to get white marble…oh dear god yes please!

1 Like

Chisel changing a few blocks is similar to fun. Chisel changing a few thousand blocks is not fun at all lol.

5 Likes

Oh I know! I’m not making marble just yet but I constantly have my machines running for the whole process of getting some nicer stone blocks. I have a routine down already for gathering and compacting fuels, keeping hunts up for sales to get money to replace tools and I try to set up my tables and machines with a learning pie active before I shut it down for the evening. Wake up before work, gather XP, clean out tables, repair, start again if I can.

I keep happy with it knowing what I want to achieve in my build over time, so its cool as repetitive as it feels sometimes.

1 Like

I currently stopped some of my build due to where I was at level and craft wise. I reminded myself I’d just tear it apart later to replace with better mats so hold off from the start haha.

2 Likes

… My builds weren’t effortless. The point of the game for me is building, and I really wish I had all the colors and blocks available so I wouldn’t have to compromise like I already do. And I wish everyone had all the colors and blocks so we’d have more amazing architecture to gawk at.

I’m happy to pay for said blocks, and I need money for that = the challenge. I need to build something cool enough or practical enough to earn footfall. Also helps that there are objectives, feats, and daily feats that give me more to do to earn that money and give me a mental break to replenish my creativity.

Chisel changing is not a challenge. It’s an extremely tedious task that earns 0 xp. If I have an idea for an awesome build that would require chiseling 30,000 rocks- sorry guys, that build will never exist.

If they made certain things easier to acquire, those who like to grind will simply get more in return for their time. You’d have more money, I’d have more builds. Everyone wins.

@Azmadi if you haven’t seen this yet, I’m not trying to come at you and I like your thoughts and ideas on this forum. We just need to be more considerate as a community of players’ real lives. If I didn’t have to pay rent or feed myself I might be more open to the grind, but work comes first.

3 Likes

So tell me, as someone who needs 50,000++ raw shadow gleam in nine different tints to complete my build… What flippin’ efforts must I go about making, exactly?

IMG_0032

Edit: Removed expletive; reviewing this post, it didn’t quite read as lightheartedly as originally intended - my apologies.

2 Likes