Can cardinal directions always have max z-order on the compass please?

I love having the compass in game, makes it much easier to point things out and reference stuff, however there are times when it gets really frustrating to use, if there are multiple friends or cities or portals all on the beacon it clutters it up and you can’t see the cardinal directions without looking up high or down low to shift the icon positions. It works, but it’s not super intuitive and quite annoying.

Could we instead have it so that the cardinal directions are always on the top layer, rather than the bottom layer of the compass?

9 Likes

There is a mod for this so is clearly a setting in a file.

1 Like

Personally I think the cardinal directions for the compass would look better above the bar. Keep the bar and icons where they are but have the directions above those maybe with a dotted line between NESW

5 Likes

I’m down for either way. Yes please.

2 Likes

Agreed, this is a common issue, and above the bar or in front of the other icons both sound like equally good fixes.

2 Likes

go to this folder
Steam\steamapps\common\Boundless\assets\gui\layouts\common

search for “compassCoords” it should be around line 113

change the 3 to 20

this only works for pc

6 Likes

While this is a handy workaround, we’d have to remember to do it each time the game updates. I’d like to see this added in to the base game so not only do we not have to keep updating it and it being pc only, but our console bretheren get the benefits of having a proper compass as well.

1 Like

not every update change this file :wink:

and yes it would be better if it ingame and no modification, than can all use it

2 Likes