Can I mine ruby ore with silver tools?

@Pois0n Please tell me your secrets to find gold

Well I havenā€™t been gold mining in a while but the way I did it was mining through snow capped mountains at high elevations on the ring worlds. There is a fair amount of luck though in the system. I used to mine a mountain range on vulpto for a few hours at a time with mixed results burning something like 9 iron hammers sometimes getting close to 100 gold ore and other times getting around 10 - 15. I didnā€™t cave mine if I wanted gold. I guess whats most important though has always been location.

Thanks Iā€™ll try this.

I got it in dessert biome of the home planet - hight 80-130; so I mostly started with mining iron/coal/copper visible on sides of the steep mountains and continued into the mountain going up, down, left, center, following seams of common ores; never got more than 10-15 gold for 1-2 hours of mining though.

And Titanium, you need at least a silver alloy hammer to mine titanium x3

Well I meant silver tools not silver ore as such. We talked about use of silver tools. As ore silver is of course more useful. Still Iā€™m sure there will be more uses in future as game develops.

How is silver more useful when its in ore form?

We were only discussing what are silver tools for comparing to iron. Yavaly most likely didnā€™t spot that and talked about use for silver ore. In that context I meant simply that list of things silver is involved with is longer than list of use for silver tools. I put words in an unfortunate way maybe that could misled you to thinking I actually think ore is more useful than tools itā€™s made of. I only meant ore is put to more uses not just silver tools but we were only discussing tools not ore anyway.

Oh ok thanks.