Can I mine ruby ore with silver tools?

Well that’s my question in the title :stuck_out_tongue:

No. You need gold and higher (so titanium and gem tools).
You can use silver for hard coal - thats the only advantage comparing to iron tools.

Thanks, I just found Ruby on Vulpto but I don’t have any gold equipment. I’ll just save the location and come back when I get gold gear.

1 Like

Well, silver is 3 hits rather than iron’s 4. I use silver for all basic mining ops and ruby for gems.

1 Like

I dont count is as much of advantage :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Dragons Watch and Therka Market can provide you with some tools for decent price - I got 3 ruby hammers that way and I’m mining amethyst in hundreds and can make my own gem tools now.

It’s 25% faster, how is that not a considerable advantage :joy:

1 Like

25% faster but we are talking rare ore, so unless you have a good spot you come back to and can mine 100 units easily its kinda slow production comparing to iron; I have a bunch of silver hammers produced but use them rarely as iron’s 4 hit is fast enough for my needs in most cases.

All depends on perspective I guess. :grin:

1 Like

I suppose that’s true! Maybe I should start selling silver hammers, I’m swimming in silver alloy!

2 Likes

Tell me when you find mithrill :joy:

1 Like

Hmm, I wish I could mix titanium alloy with silver alloy to make mithril. Or maybe tungsten instead of silver. Idk, but mithril would be so cool :stuck_out_tongue:

I would so craft mithril underwear :blush:

1 Like

I just want to make gleam armor, no need for a torch in hand lol

1 Like

what about gleam headband - working like a miner helmet torch

2 Likes

Not a bad idea, you should put it in the suggestions.

1 Like

1 piece of cloth and 1 refined gleam plus maybe 1 glue? and it would look like this :joy:

3 Likes

@Havok40k I feel you, I mined for a few days and built a 200 block statue of silver!

1 Like

a screenshot?

The thing next to it is 46 gold blocks. I never really finished the project though, got really bored only being able to mine and build.

2 Likes

yeah that silver dude seems to be missing hands :joy:

lol so many people were struggling to find gold - there are topics about it - and you have precious metals sculptures :laughing: