Can’t launch boundless from steam anymore

Yes I did more than once

I have uninstalled and reinstalled
I have followed all off steam installation
Just can get it to launch

OK, has the computer updated recently?

It’s possible that it potentially changed the graphics drivers and this is causing the white screen.

I believe the game drive update a lot but it’s never done this.
It plays all his other game but not boundless
I think it automatically Optimises the game settings

1 Like

It’s updated now

1 Like

Oh, OK, is it working?

This following part sounds like it is done from either an NVIDIA or AMD interface, but I can’t be sure.

Does the game mention that it has crashed. Also … can you send a screenshot (PrntScrn) of the white screen?

advanced

You might need to think about the following, if you know about the graphics card on this system and the drivers for it.

It’s something that is worth having in your skillset for troubleshooting issues, either way. But I wouldn’t necessarily say that you must do it here. Just … it’s a possibility.

1. Download the latest drivers from the maker of your GPU.
    That will be a specific manufacturer if it is discrete, or if it’s built in to the system, then AMD/INTEL.
  2. Download and install DDU.
  3. Restart Windows in Safe Mode and unplug it from the internet (and turn off Wi-Fi).
  4. Run DDU and uninstall the graphics drivers.
  5. Restart Windows into normal mode (you’ll need to reverse what the change made in #3).
  6. Install the latest drivers that you downloaded in #1.

This is his rig

This is the white screen and no error message

1 Like

could you provide the log.txt?
you can find it, when you open an explorer. type in %LOCALAPPDATA% in the pathfield, search for the turbulenze folder there and in the boundless folder is a log.txt. You may want to remove personal information from it via replace all like your username and stuff

Comes up with this site is blocked

he means your file explorer, so if you just go to ‘My Computer’, mate.

I had to go in to C drive then users file it was blocked the way you said.
I have it now

1 Like

Thanks, for this, too. (nice rig!)

I would guess that it’s not firing something up quite right.

You said that it ‘optimizes’ games … I can’t remember the NVIDIA interface (because I didn’t like it and ran away to AMD) but if there’s a way to remove optimisations from the panel, that might help you.

Yes rig is nice my 9 year old loves it :+1:
I will try to remove the Optimise part

What do I do with the game log ?

Try to post it here using the ``` command to paste the code:

like this

But do try to have a read through it first and:

• Anything that identifies the user, or network address (IP) etc … and remove it.
  • A quick search in the log for:
    ERR

If that second search shows some results, it might be what is causing your issue.

If the text is too long for the forum, you can use a site like pastebin to put it on and provide the link.

Well first of all pls save it somewhere.
Than make a copy of it.
copy it to word or notepad++
replace all usernames and personal info
post it in code format “`` ` something ```”

edit: i am not fast enough on my phone

Additionally, I have searched the forum in Support for “White Screen”, and these threads might help you:

Hell … even this idiot here had some issues :wink: :

I have tried most off what has be Suggested and still no joy.
Even after uninstalling and then reinstalled steam and all his games still can’t play boundless but can play all other games.

I’m going to give up as I’m no expert with computer’s and the last thing I want to do is mess up his computer.

Thank you all for your help :+1:

I didn’t read everything on this post but here is my question(s) and maybe solution…

1. When was the last time the game booted up?

2. Just before the last time it booted up was there an update (windows, drivers etc…)

One solution I have that fix my problem due to an update (can’t remember which one at this moment)… After being frustrated I just restored the pc back before the update and it fixed my issue. If there was an error in any update it this will roll it back. Sometimes windows releases an update which may not be perfect… You can setup windows updates to delay in windows 10 but not sure on windows 11… Hope this can help you get your son back into the game.

1 Like

hey hey, a shot in the dark perhaps :slight_smile: But cache or settings acting up ( they are not removed on uninstall of game… )

Try and remove the config & cache folder, make a copy first and place that somewhere so there is a copy available to put back if needs be. ( ONLY mess with the 324510 folder ^^ all the others folders are other games represented by their unique id )

1 Like