Can we stop the necroing?

I got a world of bleep when I would make a new topic everyweek for the opening of the locked door. Since I try to reuse my old post as long as they allow me. Sometimes I can no longer change the topic title and have to find someone who can change it for me. Why do I not have this ability? I have been on the forums for a year and Taleyah got the permissions to change topic titles within days of using the forums. I think I have been black listed somewhere.

5 Likes

You should always be able to change your own topic titles. But after some period of time, old posts become impossible to edit.
I had a shop thread, left it for 2 months or so, and now I can edit my last replies from less than 2 months ago, but can no longer edit the OP which was last edited over 2 months ago.

I really wish that all topics were named and indexed in a way that they could ALL be continued when someone wants to contribute to an existing discussion.

New topics that rehash old topics only lead to stagnation since there’s no understanding of history.

If we were able to see the evolution of ideas and continue to develop them, even years after they started, then the inevitable result would be better considered, more evolved ideas.

4 Likes

I got my Regular badge on July 23rd, and I first posted on December 18th of last year.

If you’ve been around for a year, yeah, you should already have that badge. It’s weird.
I guess it’s granted by the devs, maybe?

1 Like

maybe take a look at this: https://blog.discourse.org/2018/06/understanding-discourse-trust-levels/

you can lose and regain the regular badge (as I have a couple times) based on how active you are.

7 Likes

I am assuming so. What have I done wrong! :cold_sweat:

I repent!

1 Like

If I understand this correctly, to keep the “regular” status you have to keep posting and interacting.

I would have thought you were active enough though.

EDIT: Text flood from the discourse blog -

Trust Level 3 — Regular

Regulars are the backbone of your community, the most active readers and reliable contributors over a period of months, even years. Because they’re always around, they can be further trusted to help tidy up and organize the community.

To get to trust level 3, in the last 100 days…

• Must have visited at least 50% of days
  • Must have replied to at least 10 different topics
  • Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
  • Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
  • Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*
  • Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
  • Must not have been suspended or silenced

* These likes must be across a minimum number of different users (1/5 the number), across a minimum number of different days (1/4 the number). Likes cannot be from PMs.

All of the above criteria must be true to achieve trust level 3. Furthermore, unlike other trust levels, you can lose trust level 3 status . If you dip below these requirements in the last 100 days, you will be demoted back to Member. However, in order to avoid constant promotion/demotion situations, there is a 2-week grace period immediately after gaining Trust Level 3 during which you will not be demoted.

Users at trust level 3 can…

• Recategorize and rename topics
  • Access a secure category only visible to users at trust level 3 and higher
  • Have all their links followed (we remove automatic nofollow)
  • TL3 spam flags cast on TL0 user posts immediately hide the post
  • TL3 flags cast on TL0 user posts in sufficient diversity will auto-silence the user and hide all their posts
  • Make their own posts wiki (that is, editable by any TL1+ users)
  • Daily like limit increased by 2×

Admins can change these thresholds by searching for TL3 in site settings.

2 Likes

Strange I believe I should have it then.

1 Like

I just got up or I would have probably noticed @AmandaPan 's link.

1 Like

Oh boy… Some day this post is going to get necro’d… And I am going to laugh SOOOO Hard.

Strange, i would think i would agree about stopping necro posts. But for some strange twisted reason i like them. Ive got to be a latent history buff or something

13 Likes

I like them as well. Heck, I am a Necro… and I like me. Sure, let’s block necros and make the forums 46% less exciting; who wants to be bothered to read and comprehend on forums anyways.

3 Likes

Thats sad i thought i only have to work in boundless now i have to work on the forum too. Grind intensifies.

Just kidding :joy:.

3 Likes

No we can never stop necroing, thread bumped~

For real though, having seen Hunters mentioned as recently as late '18 alongside farming and other features all added since, it makes me hopeful that they’re next on the table.~

Then again, only time (And James) will tell. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

to me thread necroing makes more sense then just recreating the same topic however many times. if it’s being done for the sake of just bumping the topic back to the top sure that’s bad but if they are posting something legit then that makes sense.

5 Likes

happend to me before aswell
i assumed it happend after having a person flag me
took like a full month to get it back
but not sure about it
did you get flagged in the past prior to this happening?

I have never had the privilege. As company commander this is strange.

1 Like

Guys please dont derail the necro thread.
And no, I am not writing this to bump the necro thread, shame on you for thinking that 3:

2 Likes

It would be great if we could only necro threads worth necroing, else the necromaster might get angry with us 3:

4 Likes

Hahaha, funny to see an ‘old’ stop necro-ing thread moving to the top of the list again :smile:

8 Likes