Can you play without a beacon?

only if you actually need to craft anything, if you’re a pure hunter that has zero interest in building or crafting then i could see you not needing a beacon if you sell all your drops and buy all your equipment.

Then there are guilds with guild plots that allow anyone in the guild to use stuff in the plots so i could see you not needing your own plots if that was the case, im setting up a guild forge on raxxa and you wouldn’t need to actually own your own plots to use it.

1 Like

Building could be done for other people for money and such. But any crafting or forging would be almost impossible without a permanent place.

not if you are apart of a guild, you can get your own “bay” in one of my plots and i give you access to what ever you want in that bay, i stick a locked door on the bay so youre the only one that can enter it. I can do the same for plinths in shops if i wanted.

There are a couple of people already doing this, this is where i got the idea from.

1 Like

The Wandering Hunter. He smells of cuttletrunk and starberries, wandering through portals trading the Oort he has collected for new slingbows…

This is absolutely 100% doable.

I present to you: The Oort Hunter challenge.

Which other builds are no-beacon viable?

4 Likes

Do I smell a film reference?

4 Likes

Maybe :joy: lol

1 Like

Ah yes, give up all your worldly good, travel with nothing but the saggy diaper you were created in and an empty risotto bowl to receive offerings in.

Now if only we could lose that one last vestige of possession, the saggy diaper, and travel full Donald-Duck.

2 Likes

Imagine a guild that all share one Home and only have that Beacon.

See that’d be an interesting experiment. Just one big hoarder clan sharing one spot full of chests.

2 Likes

Looks at my guild HQ… Yeeahh… Imagen that :speak_no_evil:

1 Like

That’d be awesome! Until 1 guy took it all :joy:

2 Likes

My one alt was over lvl 50 before I finally made a place for him. Have another his place is a store in the gyosha mall.

2 Likes

I just helped someone move their whole base into one of our storage units yesterday…they are basically “homeless” for now.

2 Likes

That’s nice.
Manually implementing that “store all the stuff in my beacon and delete the beacon” feature a lot of people would like.

2 Likes

If you’re doing it @Rumplypigskin , can I have your circa shop? Kthxbai :kissing_heart:

1 Like

I mean @morey523 @Ratchel and @LunaLynn all share their hoarding together. Tho the dome is multiple beacons.

Edit: I hope that’s the correct Luna :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah we all have “our” beacon but all three of us have full permission on each other’s beacons. It’s our own private group run dome. Even bob’s farms is group controlled

2 Likes

Yep :slight_smile: that’s me lol

1 Like

We are one…under the dome!

Forgive me for this…

Under the dome
Under the dome
Oortian it’s better
Take it from morey
Under the glass on the shore we work all day
Out in the sun we pass time away
While we domen