Can you play without a beacon?

Imagen this… No worrying about beacon fuel… no arguments of where to live, plot issues just freedom.

Is it possible, to live(play) as a nomad? Is anyone currently playing like this? No place to call home, what u got in your bag is all you own. I wanna know!

7 Likes

Hypothetically it is possible, assuming you barter for your items. You cant place any machines without a beacon.

2 Likes

I want a little traveling cart that I can just have my horse pull across boundless… a simple way to get around without paying housing taxes! It has a few things on it and is easy to allow me to move around.

4 Likes

If your base is an a place where they give you perms - you technically wouldn’t need to make or use a beacon/plots/etc.

Edit to add…also kinda sounds like some sort of extreme Ironman mode lol

5 Likes

Yeah I think is very possible, farm stuff to sell, turn it around for money but tools etc … and like Xalda mentioned a cart or a mobile pack mule would be pretty awesome, camp would actually be a camp

1 Like

I kinda did this for a few days with a new alt, I set up one beacon just for the tutorial, but after a couple days it got really hard as I am a hoarder!

4 Likes

What an awesome idea. This cart can maybe have very very limited space that you have to choose what to place there (maybe 2 plots long cart). You can put limited storage, a machine, a furnace, and a table in it and live a cozy life going around planets!

2 Likes

In Boundless, Housing Taxes pay YOU!

2 Likes

Is an Alien world… Anything can be true.

My Hunter(lvl 40) never got a home (Only a campingfire that expired.). Still have the Landing site as home warp.
Get stuff from my other alt when he visit.

2 Likes

Except Pants. Those are impossible. Even if they could hold some extra storage so @Xaldafax can stay homeless.

I bet, if you kept at it long enough, you could really amass a fortune by being homeless… Always selling extra goods.

2 Likes

since beta i had a few players that played using my bases if that count
some just play to build stuff for others and then wait for next build opportunity
also you could just live out off a guildbase and have your property be infrastructure
i think @PharaohNai has been a nomad crashing my base before

1 Like

My son plays like this. I build him homes and he never even stores things in them.

3 Likes

I currently have an alt stranded in Houchus without a home, I wonder how hard it would be to try and play like that.

I have role play as a traveling merchant, I quite enjoyed it, searching planets for new people, interesting in trading, I had really amazing trades, I also ran into rude people but overall I really enjoyed it :smiley:

1 Like

I think that’s called couch surfing moe

2 Likes

this would be a cool challenge for @boundmore his youtube vids
take a new caracter give him 2000 coins and he can not collect /mine /harvest/ own a beacon only trade :smiley:

3 Likes

If I made videos I’d probably do stuff like that!! I would watch it tho.

i would buy food and eat it lol would be short vid

1 Like

if some one lets you use their beacon, like a guild setup for others then yes, you also need storage hosted by some one else if you need more then what you carry.
same goes with equpiment and supplies you just need permission to use stuff in the beacon.

1 Like

So the only way you think is possible is if someone let’s you use their beacon? I do agree the main issue with this would be inventory space but overall I think is entirely possible, you would have to sell ASAP what you gather and buy supplies whenever you’re in town.