Canad'eh?

Hello,

I am addressing you to try to understand some people … but also to make me understand.

Will I be insulted because my English is bad? … yes I speak French since I was born … yes I am a Canadian, but also a Quebecker. Yes, I learned English words so I could communicate a little more easily in my country, Canada.

But … what about you with your French to Quebec that is located (should I remind you) in your country, Canada?

But I’m not here to tell you to learn French … far from it. But when I see people insulting people who try to communicate in English and who are insulted because they make mistakes, it makes me crazy. I can understand perfectly that on the forum, we have to speak English … but what to do when we are insulted when written in French … AND IN ENGLISH! (because we are trying to communicate… and that some of you force yourself to insult us).

Other things … I created the village “Quebec” to just give the opportunity to some Francophone, who does not speak an English word, to enjoy the game in its entirety without having to always use google translation because yes, well that we want to make a whole … it becomes boring.

I do not want to play politics, but when I see things like that (picture below) I find that very stupid. (I remain polite)

It’s built right next to my village …

You know … there are francophones who are happy to cross our village and come to live there because they just want to enjoy the game in its entirety … that’s why the village is called … Quebec! Because we have been insulted when trying to speak English and also when speaking French … in our dear country that is Canada! … where there are Anglophones AND … francophones!

Tell you one thing … At least we try. :wink: … my signs are even bilingual!

Without rancor … all I want is to have fun playing Boundless … And thank you to the boundless team for the french version of the game. Without that, a ton of French could not play this game because it does not speak a word of English …

Sorry someone did that to you, that was rude. :frowning: I just wanted to say that I love your Quebec village - I’d like to learn more French myself, my family vacations up there in the summer, I can read some but only speak a tiny bit. Seeing your settlement reminds me of being up there, and those are some of my favorite times! :slight_smile: We go to an area about an hour north of Hull, up in the Gatineau Valley. And sadly, I see how some of us English speakers who go to that area just sort of assume everyone will speak English, and just repeat themselves louder in English if not understood. :unamused: I don’t want to be like that so need to learn more.