Cannot remove a member of a faction

From my post on Discord:

Just checking if this is a bug, or if I’m missing something. I was playing with factions, creating and deleting them to test how it all works. The deleting seems to be a bit wonky (leaving blank entries behind - but the disappear eventually), but it’s fine for the most part. However, today, I can’t delete one of the factions because it still has another member, but I can’t remove that member because it says they’re not in the faction when I try. Imgur album with the steps: https://imgur.com/a/Ah1b7J4 … This worked for all the other characters I added/removed to test with, just not this one.

Advice would be appreciated. :slight_smile: Thanks

Is that member you are trying to remove
Member only in faction?
Or is it member in Main guild and faction?

Only solution i can think of is that its not part of the main guild.

They’re in the main faction, as are everyone I’ve been testing with.

As a test, I added MissRayne to the faction using the main guild book, then used the faction book to remove her, and it was successful.

You can’t remove a director, since they’re of equal rank to you.

You have to get them to leave

3 Likes

Director is essentially the same rank as guildmaster. Once you make someone a director, they have that role until they quit the guild. We made that mistake with my first guild that had 5 directors. 2 quit playing, 3 left. But that guild still exists and can’t be accessed unless the 2 who quit come back.
That’s why it gives the warning about giving them director, as it can’t be undone.

@DKPuncherello I’m not removing them from the guild, only from the faction. I am able to do this with another director just fine.

It’s only the three of us, IRL friends and housemates. I appreciate the warning, but this is our collective personal guild and this situation is unlikely.

1 Like

Ah that’s weird then

That’s good. I was just wanting to share my personal experience with you so that it doesn’t happen to someone else.

There’s currently a bug to do with being unable to remove players from guilds / faction. Here’s a forum topic that has some different issues but there are similarities:

Thanks - good to know it’s not something I’m doing wrong. I’ll stop playing around with guilds and factions for now so I don’t get anything any more stuck.

I’d be happy to test things though, if that helps, although I wasn’t able to reproduce it in all my other messing about.