Can't block-change mosaic into marble and vice-versa

Hey there.

This may sound like a dumb question, but quite some time ago, I must have made some Decorative Refined Gravel with sedimentary luminous red rocks.
I must have block-changed them into both marble and mosaic blocks, because I have some of those blocks in luminous red color in my storage.

So I thought “hey, I’m gonna turn the mosaic blocks into marble for my current project”, but I find myself unable to block-change these mosaic and marble blocks.

I have a Titanium chisel and a topaz chisel, both with with block-change affix. Neither can be used on the decorative mosaic and marble blocks.

So I thought "oh, maybe it’s because I’m on my skill page which doesn’t have the “Chisel epic” talent on. But I am.

I’m stuck, there.
I guess it’s either a bug, or something that has changed in a recent patch, or (more likely) something stupid that I forgot to do.

I-Request-Your-Assistance

I don’t recall ever being able to type change mosaic, marble, or decorative gravel.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t ever remember being able to type change them either and that was the first thing we checked when they were released.

I would assume that it is because they all take different ingredients to make each one.

LuminousRed
But… then… how did I get Luminous Red mosaic and marble blocks, since…

OH.

OOOOOOWH.

Oh, how cunning of past-me.

I must’ve block-changed luminous red refined sedimentary stones into metamorphic/igneous luminous red blocks to make the decorative blocks I wanted.

Ok, so it was something I forgot about.

4 Likes

You have to change the block type before you craft them into the deco blocks. Im assuming you found luminous red gravel somewhere also since deco refined gravel comes from the gravel color.

I’ve never been able to change mosaic to marble, etc. trust me i’ve tried lol

Edit: i see u figured it out yourself lol. Yea changing it before you craft into deco blocks is very tedious.

2 Likes

to be able to change blocks , they must be of the same type - just different look (so 3 types of stone, 3 types of wood, iron and copper, gold and silver, 6 gems etc.)

these high end blocks are not of the same type - if we had 3 different marbles and 3 different mosaic with different patterns on them, then we would be able to block chisel them

1 Like

It will clearly make things harder than expected to obtain the luminous red marble blocks I wanted, but yeah, I remember how I did it, now.

For a moment, I thought a recent patch broke something.

I would argue that if you can block-change diamond into ruby, even though ruby might be waaaay harder to find that ruby (IMO - I’ve almost never been able to find ruby seams, broke many AoE hammers trying to find some - all the ruby I have is block-changed diamond), you should be able to block-change mosaic into marble, marble into refined gravel, and refined gravel into mosaic.
They’re each made with the refined stones and are displayed in the same recipe category.
I see Marble as the next tier for metamorphic rocks, mosaic as the next tier for igneous rocks and refined gravel as the next tier for sedimentary rocks.

In the end, I can deal with it staying as it is. But I still think that it’s some un-needed complication.

Except type changing marble in to mosaic would essentially mean type changing gleam in to creature mantle. I’m still hoping for a type change machine at some point to make some projects quicker/more feasible. The road pattern my settlement settled on is all type changed woods, so tedious.

2 Likes

I don’t see this as a problem unless we can disassemble marble/mosaic to get the components back.
Like I said, you can type-change diamond to ruby, and they’re found in very different places.

Agreed.

But ruby and diamond are also stacked together as the same type(gem ore also found on same planet) and mosaic marble wicker refined gravel are all their own category. To me it’s almost like saying I should be able to type change diamond into Umbris. Or white wood into white rock.

Marble, Mosaic and Refined Gravel are shown in the refinery right after the refined stones, without even a space or anything.
That’s definitely not comparable to wood vs rock.
And you can already type-change diamond into ruby. Diamond and Umbris weren’t added into the game in the same patch, right?

But you can’t type-change these 3 high-end stone blocks into anything, even though they were added at the same time. The issue is that one requires gravel and the other creature mantle? I get the point that creature mantle is indeed harder to get than gravel, but let’s not over-exagerate things. Who doesn’t have loads of creature mantles in their storage anyway? I’m almost throwing these away after a hunt.

Also one uses gleam and the others don’t. And personally I think they should require a deco skill too. And I am not inconvenienced at all by it. But then again I don’t use deco gravel and the colors I use dont need to be type changed. I also don’t see how it being added into the same patch or not matters. But let’s also petition for the ability to change any gem in the same category to the other one. So sapphire into emerald. And we need the higher tier chisels available to us as well to type change the higher tier ores.

Also don’t lump everyone into the hunter category. I don’t think I have any of those in storage. Last time I made mosaic iirc I had to go buy them.

Oh and how bout gold n silver into titanium. Would be nice to do that as well. Iirc we can’t do that either. And those stack together

Being added into the same patch somewhat indicates that they’re in the same ‘tier’.
And yeah, I didn’t mention the gleam one because it’s so easy to come by too, with people making public farms of it.

And honestly, yeah, I wouldn’t have a problem with being able to cycle through all gems with a gem change-block chisel. I guess it won’t happen because we find diamond only on the planets where there’s ruby, and the dev must probably want that limit to stay but… eh… that kind of limit feels pointless to me.

I believe these all take refined rock. That would probably be the best stage for this.

Now you’re dorking around… :confused:
Copper and Iron have the same base prestige value. Same for Silver and gold. Maybe they’ll add some new metal to go with titanium, and then there’ll be a pairing.
I’m pretty sure that mosaic, marble and refined gravel have the same base prestige value (because they all require refined stones and super-enriched bounding agent), which would actually be another reason to allow them to be block-changeable.

I don’t know what the prestige value is for any of the blocks. I pay no attention to that. I just build with what I like.

Math checks out, you’re right on this lol