Can't Chisel Bricks?

What the title says. I just noticed I can’t chisel bricks… Why? Their texture is so good and it will be so awesome to create various patterns with bricks. Like I have a chiseled wall in my igneous tower but it was a preliminary design with rocks. I wanted to eventually make it all using the igneous brick but I can’t now. Is this feature coming eventually?

You may need to use a different chisel. I find that an iron chisel covers most of what I need for building purposes.

1 Like

I used a copper one. I’ll try an iron one.

UPDATE: Nope. Iron chisel doesn’t work either. A dev I met in game said there are some blocks that cannot be chiseled. I’m guessing this is one of those.

1 Like

Currently you can’t chisel compact blocks, bricks, and the decorative blocks. I have a ruby chisel so it’s confirmed.

6 Likes

Hope it was possible to chisel them

Good to know… i was ramping up production to make mass amounts of bricks… Guess i’ll have to choose my blocks a bit more carefully moving forward =/

Whis I knew this before making a ton of compact clay :smiley:

yeah, id love compact soft coal to be chiselable

1 Like

No promises, but I have passed along the feedback that more blocks should be chisel-able. We will look in to it, but there is no current time frame as to when this might be.

5 Likes

You can try dark matter chisel in World Builder. For some reason bricks cannot be sloped as well as decorative blocks too.

And as I know chisels hasn’t different effects now. All that you cannot chisel by copper chisel you also wouldn’t chisel by dark matter chisel.

1 Like

I don’t think bricks and decorative blocks are chisel’able at the moment. Maybe in the future!

problem with decorative blocks is the look of pattern after chiseling, I guess;

for all the other currently non-chiselable blocks it should be easy to implement

Instagram’s spirit reminds me what we forgot to list here Warp Conduits blocks. I saw few times somebody used it as decorative blocks for effect of night starlight sky. I think it will be great, if we will can chisel Conduits for our buildings.

1 Like