Can't Connect to Server after short hiatus break

Yes, yes, and no vpn (don’t even know how to set that up).

I have no idea what’s causing this. The only thing I haven’t done is uninstall the game and reinstall it. I’ll do one more verify files run, reboot Steam, and then see if it works. If not, I’ll try uninstalling the game and reinstalling it.

1 Like

also, did you get a ping from boundless?

http://status.playboundless.info/PingTest

good luck, you are following a logical troubleshooting path.

2 Likes

No I haven’t done any sort of ping test…

Just rebooted Steam and launched the game. I’ll run the ping test after it if it fails.

1 Like

Although, I have never put much stock in the pingtest of their site because of this:

I have never passed a ping for the game . . . but I set up a pfsense firewall using a vpn wan gateway, so that may be why. @james ??

1 Like

Yeah I got fail on everything too… I just restarted my PC… so I’ll try connecting now.

This is kind of frustrating.

1 Like

maybe this helps you

maybe not. I’m sorry about your troubles.

1 Like

I don’t have a spare PC…

I also don’t understand what could have caused this. The last thing I installed that wasn’t a game was Hamachi to try and run a server for Project Zomboid. That’s the only thing I can think of that would cause this and that goes to show there’s more evidence in never using that POS for anything. I’ve uninstalled it and all… I just don’t know why it would still be causing issues.

Also, some of the troubleshooting I was getting the same results as Dec. So again I don’t have a way to check this out with another PC.

1 Like

This is also my latest log.txt that I put in pastebin.

Right now I have no idea what to do. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

this stands out:

Getting auth token for crypticworlds
[2019-06-21 00:20:49.705] [INFO] Sending login request for ‘crypticworlds’ to Discovery Server (https://ds.playboundless.com:8902)
[2019-06-21 00:20:50.724] [INFO] Received login response with status 0
[2019-06-21 00:20:50.724] [INFO] SetDiscoveryState NOT_FOUND
[2019-06-21 00:20:50.725] [INFO] AuthState DISCOVERY_SERVER_NOT_FOUND

try turning off your firewall.

1 Like

Well all I have is the one that comes with Windows… uh… I’ll try it.

1 Like

can you go to command prompt and ping playboundless.com ?

1 Like

Firewall stuff didn’t work.

Also, here’s the cmd prompt thing.

https://gyazo.com/6608d3ec6c2a5ddaf1c141b8b9d3a7c4

1 Like

then i think the problem is filesystem. but I am not an official voice. I’d reinstall but that’s just me.

1 Like

I haven’t tried that yet… I will now.

EDIT: Even when into the steam folder and deleted the leftover files after the uninstall. I think this will make it as clean of an install as possible.

2 Likes

revo uninstaller portable if you wanna go super thorough

1 Like

I don’t think it will be necessary but I’ll know if this new install of the game in a couple minutes will work.

This is incredibly annoying to have to deal with.

2 Likes

I can only imagine. I have a lot of respect for you and would love to see you back around so my fingers are crossed. If it does not work, wait for the devs to respond and don’t give up.

2 Likes

Well I feel like you’re in the minority on that one. lol

But we’ll see if I can get back in. I know I am not banned or anything. lol

EDIT: And it doesn’t let me in still… I am giving up for now until a developer can take a look at this and work with me on it. I feel like that Hamachi install screwed with some files that caused this. Every time I try and use that program it borks my computer in some way. What I don’t want to do right now is have to redo my system and install everything. I don’t have the time during the week to do that cause of my job.

2 Likes

Yea. I know how frustrating IT can be, trust me. Just walk away and come back when then devs give you some attention. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am gonna go blow stuff up in DOOM… record some footage while I am at it and maybe dig up my external hard drive to store the files on it or setup my internal hard drive enclosure case to run my spare SATA drive from to store the footage.

At least I can do something some what productive while I wait until this problem is fixed. Plus I have Grim Dawn’s new DLC I can play or revisit X-Com Apocalypse after 10+ years of not playing it, could also mess around with Rimworld to get a fantasy/medieval mod pack made for more YT stuff.

Definitely lots of stuff for me to do. I just wanted to play some Boundless tonight. Was really in the mood to stare at blocks of dirt, rock, and gravel and clear it away so I can actually get the space for my workshop cleared out before I start building it. I guess that’s really going to have to wait until later.

One ironic thing I’ll laugh about is that this problem doesn’t get fixed until the farming update goes live and some how that’s what causes the fix to go into effect. Stranger things with PCs have happened that I’ve experienced. :joy:

1 Like