Cash shop? wait what?

Oops apologies I’ll try to be more clear, I’m not very good at that - I thought that even when you buy a skill reset you can apply it once but then if you bought another you would have to wait to apply it again. Perhaps that’s changed with the new system though.

Infinite skill resets would bypass a 15 min wait at most wouldn’t it? I mean technically you could access beyond 3 skill sets worth of skills I suppose but it seems like an expensive way to shortcut just switching out to a 2nd or 3rd skill set.

For “skill set” , yes there is 15 min cd which is very nice.
But for skill reset , when i purchased it didn’t show up any cd on the cash shop.
So i guess i can purchase it again in any time.

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/3718/FINAL_FANTASY_XIV_Online_Complete_Edition_NA/ or if you want you can just buy the base FFXIV and be multiple expansions behind lol.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/306130/The_Elder_Scrolls_Online/. Currently ALL Bethesda titles are at least 50% off celebrate Quakecon but, just like with FFXIV, unless you want to play just the base game and be multiple expansions behind, you’ll need to buy a bundle. I bought the ES:O Gold Edition when it came out which included everything up through the Morrowind expansion. The gold edition was $59.99 at the time as Morrowind was the current expansion. Currently, Summerset is out.

For Creativerse, yes, the base game is free but it’s almost unplayable by comparison to the Pro version which is what I was referring to: https://store.steampowered.com/app/515710/Creativerse__Pro/. The Pro version gives clear advantages to players by allowing you to fly (glide), gives double stamina, and gives you significantly more building opportunity.

1 Like

Yeah I think you can buy it again any time but I’m not sure if you can apply it immediately. Not earned enough cubits to find out and I didn’t want to get tired from Test so I’m waiting on 1.0 on live. :slight_smile:

Even if I can buy 1000 skill set changes, and use them as frequently as I want, it will still take someone time to respec a character and make sure it is right. It won’t take 15 minutes like the cool down period if you are not at your home beacon, but if it is an emergency (a mob is attacking) you would probably be dead before you could respec. Does this not eliminate most if not all the advantage?

1 Like

Uh… you can choose a safety place to use that ?
I mean even at home at lvl 50, if i need to grind i can reset my skill to focus on grind.
If i want to hunt i can reset my skill to focus on hunt.
If i need to craft i can reset to skill to craft.
If i need to forge i can make a char to forge.

Without purchase “skill rest” in cash shop, you may need to level up ur char or create alts to achieve the same effect.

However, with the “money” i can become anything i want at any time.

Buying new skill sets does not give you the 100 skill points needed to fill it up. You still have to earn each and everyone of them to spec the skill set.

1 Like

“skill reset” not skill set.
Edit: infinity skill reset at lvl 50 can achieve better result than people use "skill set at lvl 100"

I can use the 100 points( lvl 50) to infinity reset to anything i need.

For “skill set user”, I can only think how to use my 200 points (lvl 100).

Oh you mean skill reset …

Wouldn’t that get pretty tedious each time you had to do it to keep re-setting all the points?

1 Like

For me its not, because it save me more time to hunt if my previous build was not focus on hunting.
It also faster than lvling the alts to lvl 50 or lvl your main char to 100 or 150.
Also i know the game well, so i reset the skill very fast.
I already done a lot of test last week, so it wont take me long to reset skill.

Yeah I get your point … i suppose after re-specing enough times to maximise each trade you’ll level a bit faster and eventually get enough skill points to fill enough skill sets to then not have to re-spec, just swap skill sets … which anyone else can eventually do too without spending any cash but just take longer

1 Like

Exactly :slight_smile:
Sorry for my poor English which make u guys so hard to understand my point :joy:

1 Like

I think a lot of people have been arguing the same thing about this…Paying for skill resets is at best a method of paying to progress faster (P2PF). Eventually, people will catch up to those who spend money on cubits to buy skill resets, so it’s in reality only a short term advantage.

The catch is that you need to spend time to respec your character, and if you end up putting points into vitality or zeal, then you increase your consumption of food and healing brews immensely. It may not take much time for you to change your skills around because you know the game, but a newer player will certainly take longer to do so.

Also, from my experience, once you hit level 50 on a single character, leveling up another character to 50 is extremely easy due to the resources you have at your disposal, especially with the addition of the Centraforge.

You can spend more to maybe shave a few hours of time off of your progress, but I personally don’t think you’d be saving more than 10 hours of time for the amount of money you would need to spend if you do this for each character.

What I guess it comes down to in short is your personal belief of what Pay to Win is. Not everyone’s definitions align with the dictionary definitions. Is skill resetting an in-game advantage? Short-term, yes, long-term, no.

2 Likes

So if I am writing the cash shop power leveling guide:

Build a bomb miner first, so you can use bomb to power leveling .( a lot of exp)
When weekly group hunt start, purchase one “skill reset” and join the hunt. ( a lot of exp )
After you finish the hunt you can purchase the other “skill reset” to reset it back to bomb miner.
When you need to craft your tools for mine ( bomb), buy a reset.
When you need a weapon for hunt, buy a reset.
When you finally have enough materials to play forge system, reset to a forge build ( why not ? )

Repeat this method until you reach level 150 ( Total 300 points earn)
Now you can unlock the “skill set” feature to set up 3 skill sets ( you can choose hunt / mine / craft )
You only need to worry about your forge char after this step, i prefer you buy an alt slot.

For your alt, you can bomb miner first , and repeat the same method till lvl 50, ( 100 point)
You can stop here , because you have enough skills to forge a good tool / weapon :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you have infinite money to spend - which is very similar to having a guide for people with 16 hours a day to play. That and for about the same money you just spent doing that you could have just bought Wonderstruck and owned the game :wink:

1 Like

https://store.steampowered.com/app/39210/FINAL_FANTASY_XIV_Online/ $20.00
https://store.steampowered.com/app/306130/The_Elder_Scrolls_Online/ $20.00 ($10.00 on sale)
https://store.steampowered.com/app/280790/Creativerse/ Free

I don’t get why you’re linking deluxe editions. Those are obviously going to cost more. You can’t say that these games cost $50-60 when they truly don’t. DLC’s do not factor into how much a game costs.

I just point out this can be an exploit method to do.
Also you don’t need infinity money to achieve this method i believe.
Around 2500$ - 4000$ should be enough for use this method till lvl 150.
(depends on how much they set up for cubit)
Even 4000$ for whales i know is nothing in their life.
They treat 4000$ same as 40$ lol
As long as they love the game they will spend the money. ( which is a good thing actually)
But for me who only spend around 100$-200$, this method is unfair at all

Also, the price to own the Wonderstruck is much more than this number i believe XD

1 Like

They do if they limit the content you can have and boundless will have no dlc. Everyone playing gets everything in boundless and without the dlc you do not get everything in the other Games so comparing the base is not a good comparison in my opinion.

1 Like

6 and a half dozen.

Toh-may-to. Toh-mah-to.

I don’t think it’s fair to compare the price of baseline FFXIV and baseline ES:O now against what Boundless is going to charge for it’s 1.0 launch and thought a more apt comparison was the price of FFXIV and ES:O NOW (with current content). All good. When FFXIV came out it was $49.99 or $59.99 and same for ESO.

2 Likes

This being true and I think it is, that does offer an advantage during early play. Can you buy multiple skill respects at a time. I know this was brought up but has anyone tested it. If you could only buy one at a time, it would at least slow this down.

1 Like