Catchable bugs and butterflies

I mentioned this in a conversation but I thought I’d give it its own topic because I just want it so much. We have lots of gardeners and farmers in Boundless and it would be so cool if there were bugs and butterflies that could be caught and placed in our gardens. Would absolutely love love love to see that.

11 Likes

i love this idea and add fireflies as well!

emits light made of gleam color?

5 Likes

That would be nice! They could also be used for potions/brews like ES5 maybe :smiley:

6 Likes

I like the idea

2 Likes

That is such an awesome idea! I would love to see that!

2 Likes

I like this a lot!
they can just randomly spawn in the appropriate biome, don’t need no fancy AI or anything. or they could also be as drops from certain blocks - maggots and bugs from soil, trunks or foliage.
and while at it, add fish, sea urchins, clams, small birds…
and bees to farming

3 Likes

Oh my god yes like Minecraft bees, sooo cute!

2 Likes

Yes, this is what players should collect instead of block colors. All kind of bug, butterfly and fish collections :smiley:

3 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly, it adds new recipes and new things to sell at stores, we need fishing and bug catching <3

2 Likes

Yes please! :tropical_fish::bug::butterfly: I like the firefly ideas too :slight_smile:

This would be something that I would be collecting like crazy lol

3 Likes

Oh boy now you’re going to get me started on armor, and clothes again, which leads to more character races, which leads to a free coin machine obviously :stuck_out_tongue: <3

3 Likes

Different types of fish scale and bone armors/sets/weapons/items, seaweed/kelp/coral/underwater flora to be used for clothing, races shark/tropical/seagull lol

So many ideas XD (don’t forget dolphins :heart:)

What if there were Lost City of Atlantis types of dungeons/temples?

3 Likes

sound emitting bugs - placeable mesh object
some boundless universe noise bugs that make all sorts of sounds. it could be a thing.

4 Likes