Fishing would be done in any world.
It would be another activity you could choose to skill(?), or you could just simply just fish.
- Eye - future potion (maybe helps with crafting a potion for breathing under water for certain amounts of time?)
- Fish Meat - If eaten raw it doesn’t make you sick, but it doesn’t give you a lot of energy
- Scales - Used to make armor (could be full purpose cosmetic and combat or just cosmetic)
- Shards - Higher Tier Drop if fish is elemental
Where to Fish:
How to Fish:
- Enchant totem with fishing boon (please no)
- Create fishing pole (sticks, glue, foliage[to make string]) Maybe replace sticks with stones, metals, gems for fishing in higher tier worlds
Fish Furniture Etc.
- Ability to craft fish bowl block
- Players could build Aquariums or similar
- (Fish could be random different colors, so you could have a plethora of beautiful fish for your aquarium)
T1-T3 worlds are not elemental so they would not have an elemental look to them, and would look similar if not the same. Scales would have a low drop rate here, and would not be the strongest.
T4-T6 worlds are elemental and the scales could reflect that visually.
For example: Catch Shock fish<get Shock Scale Drop. The Shock Scale would be topaz/electric, and would defend well against the opposite element.
T7 Exo worlds and worlds with lucient gems would reflect that visually.
For example: Catch Umbris Fish<get Umbris Scale Drop. The Umbris Scale would have the Umbris appearance on it, and would defend well against the opposite element.
T8 and Future Worlds would follow same/similar rules
The highest tier worlds would also have the best Scale Drop chance, and the strongest armor.
- Scales could have a base defense number (increasing with world tiers), along with elemental defense. Elemental rock paper scissors would be applied to defense, if you have that type of scale armor.
Boundless Mannequin to proudly display armor/weapon(need more)/tool/etc collection?
The scales could also just be purely cosmetic.
Craft Them Where?
- In workbench
- Armor Smithing Bench(?)
- Compact, then workbench?
Craft Them How?
- Glue (bonding agents with increasing world tier levels)
- Elemental Shards/Raw Ore from Lucent Gems
This is just something I thought of, and wanted to see what the community thinks. Along with more ideas, or some tweaks to existing ones.
These are ideas that players have provided
- Fish Drop - Gills (used for crafting water breathing potion)
- Fish with grapple
- Light Scales/Heavy Scales
- Ability to keep and stock fish in an area of water
- Keep Fish Alive Skill
- Fish/Enemy Trophies, Wildstock Rug
- Clarity Brew (Scales+Eyes) (See through murky waters)
- Fishing Poles/Harpoon
- Pet/Fishing Pet
- Don’t use boons to make fishing equipment
- Electric eel/fish used for power
More Ideas 2020
- Lost City of Atlantis type temples and dungeons
- Clothes - Crafted from Seaweed/Kelp/Coral/Underwater Flora
- Fish Bone Armor and Weapons (along with fish scale armor and weapons)
- More Races - Shark/Tropical Bird idk