🐟 Ideas about Fishing

Fishing would be done in any world.
It would be another activity you could choose to skill(?), or you could just simply just fish.

Fish Drops:

• Eye - future potion (maybe helps with crafting a potion for breathing under water for certain amounts of time?)
  • Fish Meat - If eaten raw it doesn’t make you sick, but it doesn’t give you a lot of energy
  • Scales - Used to make armor (could be full purpose cosmetic and combat or just cosmetic)
  • Shards - Higher Tier Drop if fish is elemental

Where to Fish:

• Lava
  • Water
  • Sky(?)

How to Fish:

• Enchant totem with fishing boon (please no)
  • Create fishing pole (sticks, glue, foliage[to make string]) Maybe replace sticks with stones, metals, gems for fishing in higher tier worlds

Fish Furniture Etc.

• Ability to craft fish bowl block
  • Players could build Aquariums or similar
  • (Fish could be random different colors, so you could have a plethora of beautiful fish for your aquarium)

Scales

• T1-T3 worlds are not elemental so they would not have an elemental look to them, and would look similar if not the same. Scales would have a low drop rate here, and would not be the strongest.

• T4-T6 worlds are elemental and the scales could reflect that visually.
    For example: Catch Shock fish<get Shock Scale Drop. The Shock Scale would be topaz/electric, and would defend well against the opposite element.

• T7 Exo worlds and worlds with lucient gems would reflect that visually.
    For example: Catch Umbris Fish<get Umbris Scale Drop. The Umbris Scale would have the Umbris appearance on it, and would defend well against the opposite element.

• T8 and Future Worlds would follow same/similar rules

• The highest tier worlds would also have the best Scale Drop chance, and the strongest armor.

Scales/Defense/Elements

• Scales could have a base defense number (increasing with world tiers), along with elemental defense. Elemental rock paper scissors would be applied to defense, if you have that type of scale armor.

Other

• Augments?

• Forging?

• Boundless Mannequin to proudly display armor/weapon(need more)/tool/etc collection?

• The scales could also just be purely cosmetic.

Craft Them Where?

• In workbench
  • Armor Smithing Bench(?)
  • Compact, then workbench?

Craft Them How?

• Scales
  • Glue (bonding agents with increasing world tier levels)
  • Elemental Shards/Raw Ore from Lucent Gems
  • Metal?

This is just something I thought of, and wanted to see what the community thinks. Along with more ideas, or some tweaks to existing ones.

Community Ideas
These are ideas that players have provided

• Fish Drop - Gills (used for crafting water breathing potion)
  • Fish with grapple
  • Light Scales/Heavy Scales
  • Ability to keep and stock fish in an area of water
  • Keep Fish Alive Skill
  • Fish/Enemy Trophies, Wildstock Rug
  • Clarity Brew (Scales+Eyes) (See through murky waters)
  • Fishing Poles/Harpoon
  • Pet/Fishing Pet
  • Don’t use boons to make fishing equipment
  • Electric eel/fish used for power
  • Clothes

More Ideas 2020

• Lost City of Atlantis type temples and dungeons
  • Clothes - Crafted from Seaweed/Kelp/Coral/Underwater Flora
  • Fish Bone Armor and Weapons (along with fish scale armor and weapons)
  • More Races - Shark/Tropical Bird idk
23 Likes

Gills would be a good drop, use those to craft a water breathing potion.

7 Likes

Maybe there could be an increased swim speed potion too:
Gills for water breathing
Eye for swimming speed

3 Likes

Would be cool to have fishing in game one day with possibility fish with grapple :smiley:

4 Likes

Reminds me Skyrim and dragon scale armor. Maybe lower tier worlds give you light scales and higher tier gives you heavy scales. So you can choose the armor type you want

3 Likes

Farmers get farming. . . and goodie for you! But CREEGLE WANTS FISHING!

9 Likes

Build and stock your own fishing pond?

3 Likes

Yea you’d be able to do that (it would be cool)

1 Like

I’d like a skill that keeps the fish alive! After placeable water it would be cool to build prestige aquariums. Different tiers of fish with varying colors and sizes. This could be greatly expanded on with certain fish needing certain materials in their tank or feeding and of course the spawn criteria could be very specific for rarer fish. Would be cool to have extremely rare fish that some people only get a chance to see if someone else has caught it and put it on display. I feel like fishing would be awesome in boundless. It could create an entirely new profession like farming.

4 Likes

I’d like to see place able trophies for everything. Maybe you want to mount that elite blink fish over the fireplace or have a Umbris wildstock rug. Sense working on farming maybe being able to cross breed fish to make unique armor

4 Likes

Shops need more uniquely made items besides forged effects on tools and weapons

1 Like

How about just some regular ole normal fishing with a rod and reel, and a lure and some bait??? Why complicate everything?

1 Like

But what do you do with those regular ole normal fish? Just get meat from them? They could just make them Mario hoping fish you shoot with slingbow. Don’t need a fishing pole.

Just have fun and enjoy fishing

Fishing in general is fun I just think there could be additional armor from it, along with aquariums/furniture

2 Likes

I like hunting but still get rewards for killing and defeating meteors. Should still get something from fishing. Even if certain fish give blink/Umbris/rift. Like roadrunners give oort or feathers

1 Like

You could classic fish in T1-T3.
And if you got some scales you could chunk them/sell them/craft them

2 Likes

Also could pave the way for a “clarity” brew.

Clears murky waters making it possible to see.

Scales + eyes + ???

Just a WC thought I had.

1 Like

They’re all good ideas, I just worry about making it too complicated. I think there’s a potential to attract a lot of new players to the game with some simple fishing. Built my bases next to a lake. Would love to go land a few fish while waiting for some crafts to complete.

Im also liking this! Can we also get fishing poles. ^^.
Already see big group fishing on the shores of besevrona and talking about the game.

3 Likes