CRAZY IDEA : Oxy-cream + Hydro-grapple

Here we go again with another crazy idea!

A while ago, I caught a glimpse at a scene from the rebooted Duck Tales show :

Basically, a character is stuck on the moon and survives by chewing some gum which provides nutrients and most importantly, air.

Fast forward to right now, where Iā€™d like to reach the bottom of a lake, but canā€™t because itā€™s stupid hard.
Iā€™d most likely have to forge a tool with ā€œthat sinking feelingā€ quirk and to make artificial pockets of air while I sink so I can catch my breath every 10 seconds.

So I had two thoughts :

1. What if there was a way to make a drink which gives you a 10 minutes buff allowing you to breath underwater?
    ā€œEeeewh, black liquorice, worst flavor ever!ā€
    In my train of thought, I came to think ā€œwell, it could also reproduce the quirk ā€œthat sinking feelingā€, but itā€™d have to be something heavy to make senseā€ and a smoothy / brew seemed un-fitting. So I thought ā€œhey, ice-cream, thatā€™s way more heavy!ā€
    What components would be required for such a consumable, though? Ice? And what?

2. Secondly, what if Venerable gum could give a new boon to grapples called ā€œHydro-grappleā€, allowing them to work as well underwater as they work on the surface?

What do you guys think?

11 Likes

Interesting idea. Iā€™d love anything that would expand on the underwater gameplay. Especially now that the underwater landscape is so visible. If we ever get fish the idea of using gill drops to make a brew has been suggested before.

2 Likes

I like the ideas. But for right now to get around not having that you can drink recovery pots. Strength depends on vitality stat. Believe the golden fist still has the sign up saying which one you would need for the amount of health you have.

2 Likes

Ice ā€¦ milk ā€¦ sugar and something to give it the effect lol not sure what item though. Maybe something that drops from fish hahaha

2 Likes

It would be cool to use a drop from a fish :smiley:

4 Likes

Hydro grapple is a great idea!

1 Like

Lol im going down with eao liquid breaker.

1 Like

Yeah, obviously, you can do that, BUT itā€™s not ideal. Especially in a beaconned lake where you then have to replace the water collected on the surface-level.

1 Like

Well you still can you just have to replace the blocks after. Like thats not a pain to došŸ˜‰

Whether itā€™s a pain or not isnā€™t pertaining in this situation.
Itā€™s still a VERY unusual solution to a problem which could have a far more elegant one.

2 Likes

You mis understand i love the idea off something like oxygen gum. Im just giving a solution to what i do now.

Oh, alright then. :wink:

1 Like