Cause of death =?

I would love to know what the heck just happened?!

I don’t mean just now, I mean every single time I die.

the messages on the right tell me every time damage is taken, by an enemy, a block, even to myself, but no explanation for death.
many many times I die mysteriously. also it doesn’t say how much damage I took for the fatal blow.
these are the things most interesting to me.

I would love it if those notifications told me how I died, tings like:
“You were killed by Elite Blasting Cuttletrunk with uber-duber homing missile for 9999 damage!”
or you could even make them funny;
“ctrl-64 plummeted to his death. there was no chance of survival.” (maybe too much coding involved but would be great if it could detect if I fell more than 50 blocks and didn’t have a grapple equipped then would display that message) or something like “ctrl-64 tripped and fell. too bad he was low on health. he only took 35 damage.” or, “You took 100 damage from thorns! Thorns are prickly. Don’t hug them.” (if you die from touching thorns, presuming they will do damage in the future)
would be really awesome to keep updating this list of death messages too. would make deaths a bit more funny and a bit less frustrating. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

I like this idea, it reminds me of the “tombstones” in Terraria. It was always a fun thing to read how people died on a public “server”.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’d get a kick out of ones like the “bucfanpaka tried to swim in lava” in Minecraft.

Though getting the trophy for getting hit with a meteor is pretty close!

2 Likes

My favorite is when you’re running along a build and then somehow to take damage from a block as if you’re falling, like you just ran too fast and hit your head on a low hanging block.

1 Like

yes, I really want this

ohh dont get me started on fall damage! haha thats for its own thread :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I want one that said “ctrl-64 died because gravity is stupid” and somehow continuous on all worlds.

1 Like

Haha, oh yeah. One time I died and decided to return to home. I always warp onto my roof, but sometimes because of a bad connection I bounce around a bit when I go through, which happened this time, putting me over the side of the building, and since my health was reduced, falling to my death… :unamused:

Cause of death: health reached 0.

well yeah that could be said for every death. I want the details!
a lot of the time (when it’s not fall damage) it’s a mystery

Why am I getting the vision of a montage of all our deaths with that song “In the arms of angel…” playing over it? Of course, it’s in black and white.

1 Like

before i knew power coils damaged players I would occasionally wonder into them and die without realising what it was… if a message had popped up telling me how I had died I wouldn’t have had to spend 10 mins figuring out my cause of death :rofl:

2 Likes

I did the same thing. I was like, what is electrocuting me!?

1 Like