Centraforge 2.0: New T6 hammer forging method

New method for forging in 2.0……

Please leave any thoughts or suggestions in the comments.

If you don’t like clicking links, please don’t post in the comments. I don’t have the patience to type it all up.

Enjoy!!

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akfh64e-qR-yhmE_WqKU4j4V33wy

15 Likes

Your method will be my go-to… I can also say that if you want to have some fun, play with stacking gambling paste and invigoration paste / vigor paste… you can about 300-500 estra vigor for about 100 stability. If it doesnt work just use setting resin to get a normal hammer back in 2 minutes and try again.

It’s great for 2 stat hammers

2 Likes

Why use a setting rather than a deconstruct? You’d get the hammer and possibly some mats back with a deconstruct.

Thanks for sharing. Will try this new method next time i forge and see what tweaks i can make as well. I’ve noticed the gums may have a bit more rng as well since the patch but my sample size is too low to confirm.

Yeah, that combo is pretty good too, but way too random for me. And you can’t use it with the fate paste as it is cost prohibitive. You used to be able to get away with it because of vigor catalyst and draining boon combo. Not so much anymore.

On separate note. It’s frustrating that All of the 1000 point boon compounds are now useless, as is vigor catalyst and draining boon. Why have advanced items at all if they don’t provide a benefit over the lower tiered items?

3 Likes

I have found the old system still works well just using draining boon compound 1 vs 2. I can consistently pull out t6 one shot hammers with no worries of defects. Usually a quirk or 2 gets on there but I usually have enough vigor to throw some quirk removal solvent 1s at it as well to reroll the quirk if I really need to.

I have also found the gums a lot less effective than they used to be and am not sure if it’s just in my mind or if they actually changed something.

2 Likes

Ahhh, I’ll have to give draining boon 1 a shot. Thanks!

Yeah I have found that hammers are consistently easy with draining compound 1. I use quirk transmute to get ones I like or are non painful (random noises) althis saves me from touching any feather based compounds.

Gums are giving me far more random results. Used to be able to get away with 3 gums for fairly consistent aim with boons… Now I feel like even 4 or 5 is a risk. Really eats into the vigor since catalysts don’t seem to care how many gum buffs you have in a stack, they just return 1 worth the vigor.

2 Likes

In the first centraforge, vigor catalyst would give 50 vig for every gum in the stack. Unfortunately this was nerfed in the last update. Now they’ve taken it to a whole new level.

Anyone have any comments on the utility of the new quirks. I’m curious if the hunger and health effect quirks are more deleterious than helpful.

Really appreciate what ya do!

I wish we had some type of feedback on what exactly the gums are doing as I have noticed this as well. Also clarity to if this is a bug or a stealth nerf.

4 Likes

Great video, but I’m confused about your use of trait reduction gum. It encourages points to go into existing rather then new boons right? So it seems like once you get 3 boons it does nothing. If you want to add to the damage rather than the stability boon wouldn’t it have been better to add more effect gums rather than using trait reduction gum?

2 Likes

I see what you’re saying I think. Im at work so I cant look at the trait reduction gum description, but by Merlin stacking the reduction gum on top of effect gum is he potentially overriding the effect gum stack. Trait reduction could be working in a way that it increases the chance to put points in ALL current boons instead of just the effect boon regardless of the stack number.

You are right! Very good point. Mistake on my part. The reduction gum is only helpful at the beginning.

In fact it may be better idea to replace it with something else. Perhaps a stability item or quirk transmute

Having the deconstruction resin has been a godsend imo with how much more RNG seems to be in play. It’s rare I need to use it but when I do I’m incredibly thankful…has been worth taking up that slot.

1 Like

The idea is not losing a slot. Setting resin (when there are no boons) gives you the hammer back.

Merln I feel your pain in that video. The system is so random anymore.

Okay so, what about for people who are just starting out with forging on this new update? Like the ones that have 500 power on their forge and 500 power on their extractor? What would you recommend at that stage?

This thread specifically addresses T6 hammer forging, as the thread title implies. There is another thread for crafting lower tier items.

1 Like