Centraforge ingredients

Hello,
I play solo and when I saw today what everything i needed to upgrade a weapon or tool in centraforge and only comon or uncommon mats., I was terrified.
it’s absolutely unrealistic to invest many hours by gathering the necessary things.
Then, to improve my hammer, which I will destroy in 15 minutes on mining.
these improved weapons and tools are more of a paradise and not at work.
I’d rather make 20 iron hammers and I’ll be lying rocks for hours and hours than watching my super beautifully improved hammer into which I invested the clouds of work disappearing after a few minutes at infinity.
it’s really crazy and stupid

3 Likes

crazy and stupid and nobody forces you to invest time in that :slight_smile:
You can always pay somebody to craft you some centraforged item

1 Like

If you’d rather have 20 regular iron hammers than you are more than welcome to choose that option.
Complicated crafting is a great feature in this game. If you dont want to do it than dont.:wink:

2 Likes

If the end-game crafting is too hard, new users may opt to not even bother instead of trading.

There are people who would rather make what they use than trade, and those who do are going to see the grindwall and complexity and walk away.

2 Likes

But you need a balance too. If I can get all the coils and craft whatever I want after a week, or month of playing… game won’t keep me long.

3 Likes

Some people may feel that way. But i strongly disagree. I do not think it is too complicated. Just enough to make it a challenge to some degree. And I personally dont trade for anything I haven’t personally produced. The complexity is exciting to me. I would much rather make it myself than trade and that is exactly why i love the crafting system. It’s very satisfying.

I agree, a balance is needed.

2 Likes

Hopefully the devs will address the bottleneck around some ingredients for even fairly basic forge ingredient crafting because I agree, it’s a joke at the moment. They say it doesn’t matter that gem progression without forge is poor because you can e.g. forge from stone tools and take that progression on but it’s just not that easy.

You need a minimum of power to the machine and a minimum of stats to get decent effects. You need characters capable of harvesting from dangerous worlds with enough skills to spare for atmospheres. You need the ingredients to craft the ingredients to gamble on the outcome on a bugged machine. You need the alt/skill set to craft it with, because forging well also requires skills. The game prior to the forge had already increased the grind but taking away what were base effects and adding them back as forge effects with a long grind to get them was another kick in the teeth.

4 Likes

Can you identify those? I had biggest problem so far with shimmering orbs, until I build myself a growth farm :wink: Don’t recall problems with other ingredients, but I’ve got enough lvl, to don’t have problems roaming lvl5 worlds, so this may be it.

So far I’d say yes Orbs for sure, Reactive Lamella. IIRC a couple of the various [creature trait] sacs too.

Edit: regarding Growth farms - yeeeuch. Hopefully they address this the same way they did Fibrous Leaves - drop recipe costs of the Orb instead, make them more available. I don’t want to go back to chopping 900 stacks of [block].

1 Like

Could always forge extra durability on that super hammer :grin:

Yeah but luck is needed on these sorts of things sadly

But for the everything else, if there was a repair feature that wasn’t beyond OP that they implemented that would be fantastic. Maybe a limit to how many times you can repair an item kinda like Dying Light?

EDIT: Fixing up mah words

2 Likes

ahhhh to be able to repair my tools… I can only hope! To expand upon the idea, maybe it could take x amount of time in its own “repair” machine and add skills that coincide which increase amount repaired or time to repair. Thus creating another shop option? Like a “blacksmith”.

@ sztosz I would say spitter eyes are a major bottle neck.

@ Studiaux you say all you need is some perfect boon compound, but after two months of playing I’ve only found one spitter eye. Reactive lamellia isn’t that hard to find though, even for a lower level player, as long as they accept they’ll probably die a lot while gathering.

I feel the lower levels of forging need to be balanced to be more easily accessible to lower level players. If pure compounds are supposed to be end-game materials, then why are there multiple tiers?