Change Player Name

Is it possible to change my name? (Ingame and at the forum)

at the moment so far i know no
the question I’ve ever asked them before nearly 1 year

I also asked for a name change for both in-game and forum. But it couldn’t be done. But that was a couple of months ago

It’s not possible at the moment. But it’s on the todo list.

3 Likes

If you do it eventually, will we still be restricted to the game.me name database or will Boundless have their own? I assume it’s the first one but asking doesn’t hurt anyone^^

i hope at the end we have 2 names: the Account Name and the Displayed Name

like in all other bigger MMO. This has 2 function than, more security for a account, because u need the accountname to login and not the displayed name and every one can display the name he like(but every name 1 time but with spaces, so we can use better names).

this i think is a better method as changing account name

2 Likes

I think the game should run with your steam name and when you change it on steam it changes in game, 2 account names are annoying I could making you log in with your e-mail and having youre steam name displayed it makes much more sense to do it this way instead you get the best of both worlds.

What if the game will allow for multiple characters? I don’t really like that but if the’d implement that we’d need another name system.

I hope they don’t add for more then one character! God that would kill it for me, were in a universe where portals lead from one world to another so I don’t see the point in multiple characters because its not like they’re on different servers especially when all worlds are connected! It would also make it easier for people to get rich on one account, they could make multiple accounts log on with two PC’s and trade to themselves or give themselves access to another one of their characters areas. I don’t like it.

2 Likes

first i think your idea is got but after 5 minuts thjink abaut it i changed my opinion

i think it is not a good idea to use the steam name as diplayed name because so we can have more as 1 person with the same name and i know people who changed their name 5-6 times a day. so it is possible you talk on day 1 with a person with the name xyz, and on the next day again, BUT now its a other person because xyz changed his name to egon and as luck would have it has who other called xyz today. so you mean you talk with the same person but it was not the same person.

The plan is to allow multiple characters each with a unique character name. You will only be able to login once at a time and even if you could trade with yourself there is no net profit in doing so so it should not be an exploit.

4 Likes

Good to know that we’ll get character names.

But I have a question. Maybe you’re not the one who can aswer that but you can forward it to whoever can.
Why did you decide to allow multiple characters?

I always thought that the need for multiple characters was negated due to the fact that there would be no set class types and everyone could effectively do everything? At least I’m sure I read that on the forums somewhere…! I guess that need has evolved as the game has progressed

Yea I thought so too. But now I’m double curious why they decide for multiple characters nonetheless^^

I will continue through the development to see how it works but I believe multiple characters is completely unnecessary and I dislike it all together but we’ll see, I suppose😩

As james always says. If you want it changed campain for it (but not annoyingly please^^).
I’ll wait for their reasoning.

But the devs really listen and if enough people say they dislike it then I’m sure they at least consider changing it.
In the end it’s their game and they decide but they really listen to the community.

Even if you can only login once at a time you will be able to create 2 accounts on two different devices and trade to clarify what I was saying. One of the reasons I enjoy playing minecraft on different servers is the fact that I only have one character so if I go on to one server all my items etc are tied to that one character and the server I’m in. Its less information for the servers to store, I think you should only be allowed to create one character at a time and if you want to create a new one you should delete your old one in order to do so a MOWS (Massive Open World Sandbox) not MMO.

At a minimum level it will allow different races / models to be selected for some variety. The current in game switch is a temporary measure.

Would beacon plots be account bound, or character bound?

I believe character, otherwise the guilds access rights do not make sense. The number of beacon allocations are per user though.

1 Like