Changing sounds?

Parts of the area I’m building in are over icy biomes. This results in very annoying windy background noise, is there any way of changing this? Like in the games files or something

You can extract sounds from bnk files but don’t know can you pack those back.
You can use bnkextr and ww2ogg tools to extract and convert files.

1 Like

I’m guessing if you can find the sound you don’t like. You can copy and paste a sound you do like from the boundless files. And change the name to the sound you don’t like overwriting the original sound you don’t like. Then hopefully it would play the new sound.

Good luck. :beers:

2 Likes

Very optimistic :grin:
(Srr just popped and found it funny)

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions @almund + @georgegroeg :ok_hand:

@Tmmk I had to double take then, thought i genuinely said that :joy:

2 Likes

if you go to Settings > Audio and scroll down, there’s a box you can check - it only says '‘replace windy noise with Spice Girls platinum award winning 1996 smash hit ‘Say you’ll be there’’
god knows what that does. might be something :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

No no, that was a personal setting that you requested, from the devs, for your pc only! :dancer:

1 Like

Mine says “replace windy noise with 1994s “kiss from a rose” by Seal, featured in Neverending Story lll and Batman Forever”

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

There is a file for sound effects… sfx.json maybe and there might be one for weather sfx (im not at my PC to look) that might help. Back in EA I used it to remove the hunger sounds since there wasn’t really any penalty for being hungry at the time other than a small energy bar a growing stomach. Anyway it was more or less a list of conditions with the name of the sfx to play, so I just blanked out the sfx name so nothing would play. :wink:

I can have a look later when I’m not at work.

1 Like

Ah smart! That would be a huge help, cheers bro. Usually wouldn’t bother me, but since I realised it, I can’t not hear it anymore :joy: