Character Missing again, resolution issues

My characters gone walkies again (Draylynn).

I don’t know what would cause characters to be missing, but your other issue sounds like someone changed the screen resolution in game or on your PC. If you press F11, it should force it into a windowed view(so you can check your PC resolution) and you should be able to bring up the game menu by hitting the ESC button. Settings > graphics > Screen

@vdragon @james @blake

2 Likes

What were the names of the previous characters that have gone missing?
I can’t see any log activity for your user apart from the 6th and 8th of July, roughly when did you play previous to this?

2 Likes

The game is already in windowed (borderless) mode, F11 does literally nothing at all: No fullscreen/windowed switching at all, ALT+ENTER and similar functions also don’t work - It’s using the default resolution for a completely new-reinstalled game.
It’s not until I ‘blindly’ create a new character that I even get access to the settings, the game has to be shrunk down to <16:9 to make everything visible.

The prev. names were “Draylynn”, several months ago.

When you use your mouse, does it do anything?

It’s a mouse, it moves around the screen. I don’t understand the question.

Input from your keyboard doesn’t work?

At what point on this thread have I complained about failing input issues? Yes the mouse works, yes the keyboard works, how else could I write a name for the new character I created to replace yet another missing one.

No problem. I was just going by this :point_up_2:

Do you by chance have any overlays running, game bars, etc (Steam, Nvidia, Xbox/Microsoft)

No, as mentioned in the Steam discussion, I don’t use any of that nonsense. I have little patience for that bloat that often kills performance. I don’t use any third party programs like… … Reshade? Or anything. Just raw game vs system (Win10).

Did you create your 1st character during a free weekend, Humble bundle sale, etc?

I’ll assume you never switched over to the test server?

No… Didn’t even know there was a free weekend on HB.

Were you able to name your new character “Draylynn” ?

No, I haven’t tried. I’m giving up.

No one seems to know where it’s gone walkies and every time I touch this game I have nothing but troubles. Starting to get to the point I don’t want to do this ruddy song and dance every time.
Thanks for trying, I’ll be removing this game from my Steam.

I’m sorry it’s giving you so much trouble. It’s night time in the UK, so most of the devs are probably off until Monday. I know this doesn’t solve anything for you, but if you can create a new character, I’d be happy to join you in game & get you set up with a new house/workshop/etc - to give you a little boost.

2 Likes

A developer responded trying to help :point_up:

4 Likes

I can see a character named draylynn in the early access database, that early access universe was wiped in September 2018 when the game transitioned from early access to live.
There hasn’t been a character created called draylynn in the new universe since that transition.

5 Likes