Character Models

I saw where somebody had asked if the character models would be voxels and if so how detailed of voxels. Well, I would like to make the suggestion (mainly because i haven’t seen any comments made by wonderstruck about the character model plans) of a high detail low poly count character model or something similliar. I feel it would fit pretty snug into the art style and would be something different than the usual stuff.

I AM EXTREMELY SORRY FOR THE CREEPY SANTA BUT IT WAS ONE OF THE ONLY EXAMPLES I COULD FIND!

The problem with this example is Santa’s face is super ugly and should be illegal.

Or heres another example…

Ir would be epic if the models where kinda low poly like in the pictures :smiley:

I personally prefer smooth looking character models like in the concept art…

i also prefer smooth looking characters

But I don’t know if they would fit in the voxel worls :confused: I think in Creativerse the mobs don’t fit in the world

I think they would fit greatly.

And please, the characters in creativerse look NOTHING like the characters in the concept art of oort. not even close

ok thats true :smiley:

I would like to see the low poly models similar to those in polycraft. I think that would be a good way to make sure characters blend in with the environment a little better. I’m not saying blocky characters, just ones that are a little more cartoonish and simple. A smoothed out character would stick out of a voxel world like a sore thumb.

I loved the aesthetics of Virtua Fighter on arcade, basically because of its hand and finger rendering and animation. It appeared so clean and smooth. Meanwhile I have become nostalgic. And I’m not sure how to grasp the character artstyle in advance for Oort Online. A cell-shading based character model, just with more little details like a few feathers of the style of Viva Pinata would be beautiful, stylish and maybe take proper usage of the capabilities of a decent computer.