Character Name

You still need to level up to gain skill points. There’s no point unlocking more skillsets or characters unless you can invest the time to level them up.

is this game really going P2W (Secretly?) it looks like it if we dont get auto resets now and etc… not bleargh just saying :slight_smile: / asking

Yeah u r right.
But if today i max power first, i can easily switch to vitality when i feel hard to explore.
Without spend real money i dont think u can do that at lower level.
(since 300 cubit u can get 10 cleanse point / 600 for skill rest )
So this is the benefit for people who paid the real money with no doubt…

That would be your choice though. It doesn’t help you collect resources or kill any mobs faster by switching like that, and your health will be at what it was before you upgraded your vitality. So, if your health was 100 for example, and with max vitality it was 3000, you still have 100 current health after point allotment. By doing this, you’d end up wasting resources and items to bring your health up to max.

This is just example, how about the the crafting part ?
I can craft all the machines first , and then switch skill to food , and then switch skill to full gathering build.
I am just saying that this is a thing u can do with real money.
Usually a lot of game has this method, they are not the first one to make this decision which i don’t blame them at this.

But it’s also the fact that people wont start at the same position.

idd… and what i mean is… there is only so many cubits you can earn per character for rewards right? then… can you still do everything with the free cubits, or woulld you need to buy more for that now?

Explanation - if its the first but money helps then its pay to progress faster if the second then it starts to P2W and there will be a lot of unhappy people

But what are they winning? Doing something faster than others?

By level 6 you can have 300 cubits and at level 11 you’d have 660 cubits… which is 12 and 22 skill points respectively. Currently you finish the tutorial at around level 6 and within an hour or 2 you can be at level 11.

I’m pretty sure anyone that spends money for resets at that level is not going to achieve a great deal more than anyone else… especially not to make it overly beneficial for them.

Edit: Additionally by level 12 you have enough skill points to select all of the crafting skills anyway (Excluding Epics)

Assuming you have the level for this but not the extra skill points or characters, there’s really only a small point in the game where yes, I agree, it has an in-game advantage. But a person spending real money to constantly skill reset like that has no advantage over players who already have 3+ skillsets or characters imo.

ohhh… i think i know what you say (you can do so much with one for free… that P2W is negatory at best)?

There is no limit to how many cubits a free player can earn. After level 50, you get a “level up” every 200k experience still, and I believe it contains 300 cubits in the coffer.

2 Likes

but look how the OP got de-railed (again) lol

1 Like

yup yup, which I can currently do about once an hour while mining.

1 Like

Getting back on topic, I’d like to be able to change my name from igoofy to iGoofy with the wipe as well if possible. Although in my opinion, it’s not a huge deal if a capital letter in the middle of the name isn’t supported.

1 Like

and also back on toopic, if you want to do that you have to change your account name (i beleive) so i don’t think you could (iirc when i first bought, my main char was my account name as auto)

When I started playing Boundless, capital letters in names weren’t supported. (It was still Oort Online at the time)

i came in 2016 and i just remember being called Toothlessgamer lol… but now i said what i need i will leave it for others :slight_smile: thanks

Yeah, but how much time u need to spent to get full skill sets ?
U know 300 points can take u like months to complete.
Before that skill reset still work better in my opinion.

I just saying that because i don’t feel its a fair system.
With the old system they wont have this kind of issue.
or they should add the purchase limit or cool down to those things.

Maybe a capital letter for the first name was supported then, but because I always use a lowercase i at the start of my name, I didn’t notice.

1 Like

If you have started a new character you know that it takes very little effort to have the cubits to get an alt with. Then with that alt you can quickly have the cubits to get a second alt and then just worry about plots and whatever else you want. Then you have three characters and can level at one third the speed of people that just level one. So, if I bother with alts I may well just level one at a time to level 50 rather than doing three at once like I did before.

1 Like

you’ll be able to delete your only character to force-restart the game without having to get an alt first, that is implemented in the dev-version now.

7 Likes