Character Name

When the new universe get released next week will we be able to change our names? I currently have my name formatted as twistedfoot and would like to change it to TwistedFoot when the new universe goes live. Will this be an option for me or will I be stuck with my current name format?

2 Likes

well since everything is reset, why not just start a new character before you leave sanctum and then delete lowercase twistedfoot
that is, unless they have a completely different system where you choose your name from the start (ideal)

2 Likes

That’s exactly what i will be doing!

I wont be surprised if all characters from this world are already deleted as there is only one char available on start now. If the old one(s) are there, its a matter of deleting them and creating new, so you can type new name.

3 Likes

Wait - NO - How can you create a new char to delete the startng one when there is only one character slot?
I was planning to name my 1st Character completely different.

you cant but you’ll get to name it I think

1 Like

I hope you can … otherwise i would have to level a char for enough cubits to unlock a second slot and then delete that char again … :sob:

2 Likes

I’ve been wondering if they would bump us down to just one character :thinking: where are you getting this info or is it just an educated guess?

1 Like

In game just delete any character you want to change name of and when you create a new character name them what you want. All my original names are gone as I deleted all three. Name in here doesn’t match my characters in game and won’t.

the latter

I have no info, but there is no point in keeping all alts - not all backers have them so it would be unfair if on start some players keep all 3 they created; it does make sense for another reason too - the 600 cubits price for an additional alt; I expect everyone starts with one character. Backers have character name reserved so most likely the name will be there already, but I hope there is an option to rename it without deleting.

I also hope name box will support space and other signs that dont work at the moment.

1 Like

Yeah the part that worries me is the wording that backers have their name reserved. I don’t want to have to delete my character and lose the things I have made even though the worlds are being taken down. They might make them available in the future as a museum or some way to be able to see them again.

1 Like

I can’t imagine our 1.0 characters will have any connection do the old worlds.
They are new characters just with the same name. And they start with 0 plots.

1 Like

currently you cannot capitalize a name in this format BarneyLee but you can hyphon Barney-Lee) etc (welll… i know you CAN hyphon anyway just not sure about a second caps)

The dev did confirm only 1 character to start in another thread. I definitely saw it answered clearly, but I am on my phone atm so no linky. Its there tho. Ten total character max now though

1 Like

wait we now get 10 characters per account total? (the total includes the CUBITS characters right?) that is AWESOME!

Found it =)

2 Likes

wow … 1 char only ?
so that means if u need an alt u need to sacrifice the plot to exchange that ?
how about the skill reset / Cleanse Point ?
so no more free reset chance / cleanse point ?

I am pretty sure whales will gain a lot of benefit by spend money for alt slot / plots / skill reset / cleanse point …
I may spend money for the wearables / body paints, but other things make me feel this company is greedy, it may make some player grow very fast by just spend real money.

Edit: Scratch what I said, we don’t get the cleanse points or skill resets for that stuff anymore, but cubits won’t be very difficult to obtain. Once you get to a point, 200k exp for level 50+ is very little effort.

I agree with you at this point of view.
How about i just spend 1000$ the first day game release to buy cubit to exchange cleanse point/ skill rest / alt slot , so i don’t need to plan on focusing in certain area since i can reset everything with real money.
Basically with the money i spend i can be superman in low lvl which i don’t feel its fair system compare to old system…

You still need to level up to gain skill points. There’s no point unlocking more skillsets or characters unless you can invest the time to level them up.