Chat Suggestions?

So some of these may already be in progress but these things would make chat better.

1. An actual chat box. You can make multiple tabs and it has a black background.
  2. You can change the color of words. Like change name of people to red, their message to white, etc.
  3. When you press escape after having typed something, the message should not send.
  4. You can change font size.
2 Likes

Here’s the current concept for our chat box.

15 Likes

Looks good to me as long as the player has an option to move it around the screen

This is just a suggestion @CryBloodwing, not meant to be offensive or rude in any way, but check out this area for all the concept art before suggesting anything to ensure it isn’t already planned!
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4d40jwvh_f2LURtdVJPNVo5U2c&usp=drive_web3030
By @dwarvenname

7 Likes

Can we also add support for shift and ctrl in the chatbox? Backspacing multiple times is painful.:smile:

2 Likes

I know a couple more:

• pressing ESC should remove the whole line in stead of submitting it to the channel.
  • using arrow up to get back to a previous sent chat message (for example correcting a misspelled /wave).
  • Spam protection? Do not allow to send repeated messages in a specific time period.
  • Fix encoding issue with non ASCII characters, like Ă©.
4 Likes

Also, the existing chat box might have an character encoding issue. Accented character such as the é in Montréal are entered correctly but when you try to send them, it replaces them with two other characters instead.

It should at probably be consistent, even if most of us would prefer the wider charset.

Since I have no idea how to even type those on a Mac, I have never run into that problem…but it does seem like a big problem.

Yes that is an issue I experienced as well. If I remember correctly the devs are already aware of that.’

Wel usually it is [alt/option + e] and then press [e] to create Ă© on Mac, never tried it in game though since my gaming machine runs on Windows.

Thanks for the rep :grin:

perfect let me test it in live :grinning: