Chinese New Year Seasonal Decorations

Hi,

I’m a new player and this is my first time posting on this forum so sorry if this has been posted before.

Since there are seasonal decorations for traditional western holidays like Halloween and Christmas, don’t you think it would be nice as well to have Chinese New Year decorations? I realize that the player base of this game is largely western, but it would be really nice to have some Asian culture representation as well. I honestly think the general aesthetic of this theme is something everyone can enjoy, and variety is always good.

There are many possible decorations for this theme too. To name a few, there could be bamboo, paper lanterns, stone lion statues, or lucky cats (the small sitting gold cat with a paw that keeps moving). There could be seasonal food as well like mooncakes, or perhaps brew that adds fireworks effects to bombs.

I always try to make Chinese themed builds in any sandbox I play and unfortunately, Boundless doesn’t provide much options. I just think it would be nice to have them.

27 Likes

I actually really can get behind this post- it’d be nice to see some other cultures brought in for the Holidays.

6 Likes

Fantastic idea! I love it.

3 Likes

Agreed! It’s important!

2 Likes

The more festivals and special events, decorations, skins, etc the better!

2 Likes

Nice idea !

I vote for a chinese lantern and a dragon skin .

4 Likes

Love that idea!

3 Likes

To give the devs some inspiration :blush::grin:

Firework Bombs sound awesome as well

4 Likes

I’m definitely all for some Chinese style lanterns and maybe some gold ingots for a Chinese New Year event!

You could potentially have some traditional Chinese hats as wearables as well!

Not sure about Mooncakes though as they’re traditionally used in celebration of the Moon Festival around mid-autumn. Maybe have some different dumpling food buffs instead?

It could also be fun to have an interactive community event centred around mixing Yusheng (Yee Sang) - something similar to trading flowers for Valentines.

3 Likes

Dumplings mmmmmmm… jummy :yum:

3 Likes

Yes please! And thank you!

1 Like