Chisel removing more corners then i press

When trying to chisel a block to be the shape of the first picture but want to have the flat surface be to a side instead of bottom or top, it somehow removes another corner on it’s own and creates “Picture 2”. so when u chisel your 3rd corner a 4th disappear on it’s own making the shape smaller then intended. I have no idea if this is intended or not but it prevents the making of some smooth edges when building in certain directions.
Again i’m not sure if this has already been pointed out or if a reason has already been made.

I’m not entirely sure what you want. Do you want to remove the ridge? If so you need to chisel the corner in the bottom right of the first picture.

Edit; I think I understand what you’re after now. You want the face with four corners to be on the side, right?

Yes but when you try to chisel the 3rd corner on the left side, one of the corners on the right dissapears aswell, all on it’s own.

I’m not sure if it will work, as i haven’t tried it yet. These are mere si positions, based on the fact i believe I’ve done those shape already.

My process would be to remove the top right and bottom right corners and then proceed to remove one of the top or bottom left corners. Preferably having a triangle. And having the triangle base facing a side instead of the bottom or top.

If that doesn’t work, I’m sorry.

I just hopped in-game. Is it either of these two?

2 Likes

i was just testing this. there are only so many chisel-able shapes, and each one needs to have a decal for every block that can be chiseled like that. so to add more shapes they’d need to add textures to every chisel-able block.

as far as i can tell the reason it doesnt work is simply because they haven’t developed it as one of the chisel-able shapes.

i do see what you mean, if you place down one block, chisel the upper most 2 corners, NEAR to you, then chisel the single lower right corner near to you, it automatically then chisels a 4th corner, even though you only chiseled 3 times.

chisels mess with your head man

yea that is it, im just not sure if it’s a bug, if it’s intended, if thy have said something about it or if it’s just a “miss” with how many shapes there are, because they should be there if u follow the logic of the chisel, since it should not remove corners you don’t actually chisel.

Ah, yes - I see now.

That’s what they both look like before chiseling.

And that’s what they look like after chiseling the same corner. The bottom block retains all four points on it’s under face, but the top block is reduced to three points.

Hmm… does anyone have anymore information on this?

2 Likes

Makes “sideways pillars” like this jagged instead of having straight edges.

I’m not sure I’m following what you mean …

… you sure you’re hitting the correct edge? Can you let me know your world & coordinates so I can take a look at what you’re doing?

He wants four points of contact on the side face Stretch. I can’t do it either.

Ah ok, yeah I don’t think that is possible

That, basically.

1 Like

Yeah that one. An isometric diagram would probably be helpful. A diagram of a block, the way it is wanted to go, and the way it works instead

1 Like

Sounds like a job for @Xanotos!

I need to make grilled cheese for my family cuz they’re lazy and making the guy with the crippled ankle make it for them.

But if nobody has done it by the time I’m back I’ll see if I can do it

1 Like

the engineer in me wants to draw this, the average person in me is way too lazy to do it though

1 Like

There are a few ‘missing’ shapes, two of which are the ‘sideways’ versions of the pyramid corner (this thread) and a ‘sideways’ saddle shape (the one where two opposing corners on a face are removed), there’s some other weirder ones too.

Certainly for 1.0 they won’t be added, it’s a seriously non-trivial amount of work when it comes to the texture blending across neighbouring blocks for instance.

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply @lucadeltodecso. It’s not something I’m too concerned about personally. I do however hope Hardened Clay will be added to the chisel list in the future. They’re the closest looking thing to roof tiles, and it’s a shame I can’t slope them.

2 Likes