Chiseled blocks in lava no longer showing up?

Prior to the latest update I made a decently complex chiseled lava wall - i.e. chiseled blocks with lava flowing straight down through it, so you saw the dark blocks framing a lava background.

After this latest update it is visually glitching out - from a distance or from an angle you can sortof see the dark blocks through the lava, but up close it vanishes and appears to be just plain lava. It’s still physically present - you cannot walk into it - but it makes me quite sad/frustrated to see the decorative effort go away.

I’m not sure if this is intended or not with the latest patch - does anyone else have more information?

What it looks like from a distance:

When you get closer:

In Profile:

3 Likes

We are experiencing this too. We thought some of our blocks were removed from the mall, but they are just hidden now.

2 Likes

Yea it seems that chiseled designs + liquids are different now :confused: I have been holding back on some really cool designs because of this issue…

2 Likes

Thank you both for your replies to confirm you are seeing this too. I really hope this is not the intended final state and that it gets fixed in the next update… I can only imagine how many others this is affecting.

1 Like

side-effect of a fix to stop oil/resin/water from z-fighting when put next to one another, itll be resolved and go back to how it used to here.

… asreearto (too similar to previous post in another topic…)