Chiseled pattern blocks lose their aesthetics?

I was noticing that some blocks can only be chiseled from the left, if I want the pattern to look nice. If I chisel one from the left and one from the right, the right one looks a little wonky. I tried it over and over and got the same results

ie: when I chisel from the left, the design looks nice

when I chisel the block on the right, from right side, it does a duplication thing - I guess it’s the way the texture comes together?

Same with lanterns. I’m surprised I didn’t notice this until now. As you can see, the one on the left looks nice, while the one on the right ends up with a piece of the wood frame going through the center.

7 Likes

Well, I’d guess it’s because the right is the left of the right side of the block, after all. :wink:

Not sure what the developers would have to implement to allow blocks to differentiate and discern direction (front/back, left/right side, top/bottom) when chiseled.

This has almost always been a thing…somewhere is the explanation…I’ll see if I can find it.

Got it.

1 Like

oh. now i remember how I stugled with refined iron

I know what you mean…I was using some at the top of columns and it took me a good while to figure out how to get it turned just right :laughing:

I see. Dang it. Maybe in the future we can at least flip a block horizontally or vertically? I dunno. I guess chiseling changes that. I’ll work around it :+1:

1 Like

Oh yeah I wish there was something they could do about it. The refined metal too. Wish that logo wasn’t on the refined metal at all. It would make building with it easier. Brick pattern to can be annoying too. Just make it all go down one way. And have a rotate chisel.

1 Like

Try double layering fixed some problems for me.

1 Like

I hate the outline lanterns and gem blocks have whenever you chisel them it just doesnt look right but what can you do :lying_face:

1 Like

The way I see it is they would have to create two overlapping textures. One is the border (the wood frame of the lantern) the other is the meat (the gleam part). The border would only apply to 90 degree angles. I have no clue how feasible this would be or how it would affect performance, but I hope something can eventually be done with it.