Chiselling Trampoline

Why is it we can’t chisel Trampoline blocks as much as other blocks? Would love to be able to chisel the Trampoline into a half block.

Is it a technical issue?

2 Likes

I think trampoline goes more towards To functional item like crafting table so you cant chisel it… Dunno For sure but just my guess

2 Likes

Well you can chisel trampoline, but only with a slope chisel. Which you can chisel it as many times with a precise slope chisel as you can a normal block, it just doesn’t like Bevel/Square chisels sadly

3 Likes

Are other blocks that reduce fall damage not affected? Sponge, etc…maybe the trampoline does indeed have special coding to give the reactive “bounce” as opposed to just softening impact damage? Is slide affected the same way? Not near my console, or I would test these :thinking:

2 Likes

Yeh those blocks are all the same as a normal block, you actually take different amounts of fall damage on a whole bunch of blocks, sponge just being the softest. Slide is basically ice that doesn’t melt or get destroyed by lava, you can chisel it just the same (fully). Spent many days testing block stuff with @Apt

3 Likes

No idea really - My guess is it’s likely some technical limitation possibly to do with it being the only block with any sort of physics applied to it.

2 Likes

Think the issue is that trampolines make you bounce when you “fall” on them.

Not sure but guessing maybe it has something to do with the “hopping” going down a slide (not the slime block).
Had something do do with the “block hit box” or something if I remember correctly.

As the issue of randomly “hopping” going down a slide that was beveled was more frequently then when going down a slope slide.
As you roughly go over more blocks on a bevel slide then on a slope slide.

Maybe the issue is the angle of the “corners” in combination with the “bounciness” of the surface area.

2 Likes

Maybe its not the Half block form that is the issue (as that is just making the block shorter and not really changing anything else) but maybe the other chisel variants you can can do with a square + bevel chisel. Because they are too complex, maybe they just scrapped the entire Square+ Bevel chisel

2 Likes