[Circarpous I] DEEP DARK MALL - You Build, We Pay - Support the Economy!

Ok I’ll take a 1x2, can I have the first spot on lane 6?

Warning: the text below contains little sense

Hmm, a claimed plot but the entrance is not claimed… seems like there is no way to get inside legally though. Is that a secret base? * James Bond theme playing *

I wonder what they’re cooking inside. Let’s cautiously break in hoping that alarm doesn’t set off…

Oh, so it’s @BabyCookie! Looks like our mall now has a baby, let’s check if it has some cookies

Sadly, there was no cookies (I’ve even checked the secret stashes, please don’t kill me :cry:), but there was some precious oort and mysteriously placed rose-colored gleam :thinking:

On a serious side though, that’s quite a creative way to hide a WIP build. It caught me off guard and took some time to figure it out :grimacing:

@DKPuncherello: Check your PM :slightly_smiling_face:
@Buugi: You make a fair point. The short answer is that we’re trying to show people that we’re genuinely interested in developing the mall, but we’re just unknown players for the most people out there, so we have to prove it in a way that wouldn’t hurt our savings so we can have some money left to fund the future development.

I know that 5k is not much for most players out there, so it’s mostly just a ‘thank you’ from us to people who come and build - kinda like a birthday postcard, it doesn’t give you much financial-wise, but it’s still better than nothing.

We do it so people would not worry and think if they’re investing their time and resources in something that will be a net negative for them (which shouldn’t be the case now, and, hopefully, in future).

If everything goes good, then everyone would get their share. If not, at least you haven’t wasted much (because a small shop can be built in less than 5k if we’re not counting time) and got some (hopefully) good time building and interacting with people around.

Of course, that doesn’t answer the ‘why bother?’ part. The funny thing is that there’s plenty of malls and markets which doesn’t give money (or even don’t give away the space until your build have been approved) and people still come and place their shops there despite the fact that they can make more money in the other places.

Some may like the design, or the quality of the surrounding buildings, or being close to their home base, whatever. I personally have 6 shops right now, and only one is placed at the mall where I’ve been given money for building - I’ve insisted that the owner can leave it for himself, but he was too kind and worried about holding his promises, so I still had to accept it. The two main reasons for me for coming there is that I like the design of this place and that it’s being run by a very good person.

I personally don’t care about the money, the stands make some of it for me, I think it’s interesting to try different selling/buying strategies. I like to try new places even if the owner doesn’t give me anything for participating. In other words, I like the process more than the outcome, but that’s just me :slightly_smiling_face:

We could probably go the same way as the most markets and don’t go through the hassle of paying anything - but as I’ve said above, since we’re not known for something in this game yet, we were worrying about our chances to lift off this place.

I hope that you’ll get what I’m trying to say. Sadly, English is not my native language :pleading_face:

5 Likes

Thx for the answer.
I appreciate you didnt took hostile approach.

If i remember correctly you did sunken city in sochaltin ?

3 Likes

There is no reason for me to be hostile, my friend. I’m open for critique because my views can be outdated and/or skewed in some way because of my somewhat irregular playing schedule or personal preferences :slightly_smiling_face:

No, both me and my brother haven’t built any city in Boundless, but we have participated a little bit in the first days of building the old Ultima city on Finata (mostly gathering resources and laying some roads) - we still live there, at the same place that we’ve claimed at the launch day :smiley:

I do have some experience running cities in Minecraft though (I’ve been a mayor several times), but I’m too old for this now because it requires plenty of time and dedication which I don’t have due to IRL stuff going on and other hobbies.

Making a mall is a good compromise for me, because I don’t need to manage and keep track of many things and people wouldn’t need to rely on me or my bro being constantly online to do something - that’s the reason why we don’t protect the plots. If for some reason I’ll not be able to do something, my bro should help me out - we have full access to each other’s beacons through our two-man guild. We keep all beacons loaded for at least 3 month worth of fuel, so no problem here (I’m thinking of buying gleam club for us both in future, but we don’t need it yet).

Sorry for the long answer, I decided to elaborate on that topic since we’re touching it a bit anyways :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Nice. Did you have player portals? Im building on circa atm.

Edit. Nvm! Just read about it.
Might open some shop.

3 Likes

Didn’t know there was such a place, which one is that then?

Edit:
FYI if you happen to mean Nova Golda Market the rule is not there to approve builds or not, it’s to prevent people taking plots and not using them keeping the spot empty which just doesn’t look so nice. I know stuff happens irl, plans change, that’s fine and am OK if there’s at least a build there am not happy with a complete empty spot when people keep asking for one.

So again I don’t judge builds, if people think it’s OK what they made I’m fine with it, all I ask is to try to make it look like it fits on a market which makes sure people won’t build high rises…

Also they can build as many floors as they want except downwards, basically upside down deep dark mall style :wink:

3 Likes