City's ever Exist

13 Likes

Do you know how to make the time lapse video? That would be cool to try with one of my builds.

I would expect that you have to have someone who stays in place and films with a video-capture software (like Fraps, or OBS Streamlabs) with a low FPS rate (so as to not have a super heavy file) for however long that event lasts, and then you import the video file in your video-editing software (like Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas, etc), and you’ll have ways to compress the video there.

But I’m not a master at that, so you’d have to ask someone who actually knows what he’s talking about. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Yeah it’s usually a matter of dropping frames out of a regular video, or stringing stills taken over time into video.

If you’re solo you could do it by just going to the same spot and taking a screen cap every fewminutes.

2 Likes

Well I have the game on pc. So I could leave a pc character somewhere to record. I’ll look into that software to record it and go from there.

2 Likes

How do you align the spot you are standing on and the angle of the camera?

1 Like

I suppose you could mark the spot with a particular block?

If I was going ot do this I would open an earlier shot and just match the angle as closely as possible. It sounds like he can dual box though and an actual recording is best. You can also see yourself progressing that way.

I would assume that’s how the video above was made since you can see people moving around doing the building and it’s a very smooth progression. If you were doing it with stills it would look more like stop motion with stuff just appearing in the finished video.

1 Like

You can try with data that debug window offers :slight_smile:

Able to get some sort of timelapse tool or screenshot archive could be interesting microtransaction service for Wonderstuck.

1 Like

more later

9 Likes

Eh, my house was on this mountain
it was ugly and made of sand, miss him :pensive: :relaxed:

6 Likes

Oh that days were great back in time …
Look at all of them unchiseled blocks :boundless:

1 Like

Little off topic, nostalgic :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

all other photos i found. It’s a shame i didn’t take more pics :frowning:

and then the wipe happened

12 Likes

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gSWcptAErzDCTXsAA667BE4qObjt6Krn

Some of you will like it :wink:

5 Likes

City of Steam (CoS) was featured in this video by Jiivita.

5 Likes

Omg ruined remains of past oortian culture. (Epic movie voice) A prelude to what exists beyond . . . It knocks on the door, waiting for us to turn the handle.

2 Likes

I think it would be an amazing aspect to add to exos. Even if they were some able to make them special exos. I would go to these to just see the settlements. Even is they were considered museum exos.

1 Like

And then a titan brusts out of the ground and everyone screams in terror!

Or I like your idea too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Elop-portas (the city of doors) was in the trailer. Both the aquaducts and @H3yjo 's awsom tower and landscape.
I really miss those EA city’s! Therka market and dragons watch were both amazing but nothing toped pixel gate. You could look these up in the search.

5 Likes

Black Light iirc

Also the scene with all the characters waving was the sun / Moon towers made by @SolaTrap. One side / tower was in Elope Portus, the other was on Nashrail somewhere

1 Like