Clean info for tool tiers?

What I mean by clean is like

Hammers
Wood: base stone, soft coal,
Stone: base stone, soft coal,
Copper: base stone, soft coal,
Iron: base stone, soft coal, coal, iron ore, gold ore

Something like that? Instead of bugging around the forums hoping to find the answers you need?

Please help with this.

1 Like

http://boundless.gamepedia.com/Hammer

1 Like

Vague at best…also just hammers. Thanks though.

I’ll put some information on boundlesscrafting.com about what level hammer you need to mine which item a little later (although not sure when). I’ll add it to the actual mineable item though as that’s more likely what people will search for … i.e. “What do I need to mine Hard Coal” … and then list Silver hammer upwards etc

So, is there any particular resource you’re looking to find out tooling requirements for?

2 Likes

Well tools have the same tier, so I don’t know why you’ll need different information for different tools, and well ores and coal are the only escalable resources. At least for the moment.

It is stuff that me as a new player are looking for. I don’t understand what tier is which when it comes to blocks and such. A dumb down version I feel makes more sense.

As I outlined above for structure for the list would be awesome.

Ok quick list off the top of my head (hammers only as they’re the main ones that mine blocks)…

Wood -> trunk / stone
Stone -> copper / iron ores
Copper -> refined blocks / silver / medium coal
Iron -> decorative blocks / gold
Silver -> hard coal
Gold -> gems / titanium
Titanium -> …
Gems -> …

I think that’s correct :neutral_face:

Each tier can do the tier below too

2 Likes

Aye, that is the ticket. I feel like new players are expect to have a better understand of the game like the vets are so the info is not gauged well toward us so thank you.

1 Like

cant wood break copper? i thought each could break the tier above it plus 1. so silver can mine gold and titanium, but not gems.

probably - been a while since I used most of those tiers (if at all) so can’t quite remember

Wood can only break rock, not any ores or ancient tech fragments or above

hmm, okay then. makes enough sense to work

Copper has been upgraded to breaking precious metals. It was more limited before though.
Also copper is the first to be able to break gleam.

1 Like