Cleaning Up Circarpous (Summoned Gleambows)

I was cleaning up after some of these summoned gleambow meteors on circarpous today and decided to start recording.

This first video was actually my third trip. I had already partially cleaned this area of the items I wanted but new meteors were coming in and I took quite a few blocks to go with the oort/gold/brews as well.

After that I went back to another area. I got tons of glass on this trip as well as a good amount of gleam.

I like the sponge a lot and collected a fair amount of other non sprayable blocks and not to mention a good amount of gleam from the completed but only partially harvested meteors.

I spend a lot of time lagging out, they’re not incredibly exciting videos :blush:

But if you’re interested in what it’s like around the “Great Circarpous Gleam Wars” and don’t want to go you can have a look. Each time I’ve gone I’ve been able to find more dormant/completed meteors than I could clean up in a single 1-2 hour session.

I didn’t feel like the pics I posted in Jaidic’s thread the other day really showed this but here are a few snaps of what it’s like in every direction around that platform.

These shots don’t really highlight the blocks but just how incredibly many level 5 and level 6 meteors are laying around:

I’ve spent a few hours there today and over the weekend and it’s been like this every time (US afternoon to evening time). I didn’t have any hassles at all, although I think I might have made someone nervous when their gleam meteor landed right next to me :wink:

I found it to be a fun trip, and a nice change of pace from the other gleambow activities. I haven’t actually summoned any meteors yet though.

8 Likes

Holy moly why would people leave that. Good for you.

1 Like

I jumped through two of the portals last night and ended up getting 150 oort in about 20 minutes just from the completed and dormants.

4 Likes

I guess you are using farsight mod?

I dont even know why devs allow that i consider that as cheat.

Good for you.

1 Like

Those who have actually been there know you can find that without farsight. Ps4 doesn’t have farsight which i am on and i’ve been getting a smart stack a day of ort.

2 Likes

Would be nice if they made far sight an epic skill.

3 Likes

If thats for me
… ive been there.
I know you can do it without it but it helps ALOT

2 Likes

You’d be amazed how much people leave. I bet you could do better just going around picking up left overs than if you fo do gleambow solo. Spawning one yourself is where it’s at though. Getting t5 and t6 ones solo is a whole new level of gleambow hunting.

2 Likes

The pic with the green glass is worth 30k to me.

1 Like

Yeah I was doing the same a couple days ago collecting the completed and dormants.

1 Like

Actually disabled the farsight mod because made it impossible to be able to find and active meteor for me

When I get the dormant and completed ones I get like 1-3 oort, so even though there are a good handful of them, it’s not much. Today I came across a couple meteors they were finishing actively and I got ~60 Oort so it was better

@truus run by someone who is doing the meteor they spawned like others do… I’ve had some tag along waited or even helped take care of the cuttles then bank the oort… sometimes they leave you some of the meteor behind :wink:

3 Likes

I was on both sides of the game list night, I spawned my own gleam meteor and was super nervous when 2 other players showed up, but they respected the situation and left it for me. So thanks to you peoples.

And after my meteors, I often chased 2 or 3 in the same area and helped with cuttles just to get the oort after wards. Again respecting the sanctity of the summoner. After 3 hours, I finished my gleam collection, and came home with 700+ oort as well as a plethora of other mats.

I was very appreciative how everyone was cooperating and respecting others summoned gbows. Thats the kind of care ive come to appreciate from this community.

I slept well last night :wink:

5 Likes

It can be a pain to clean up all the odds and ends from a big meteor, other than that I assume they mostly want gleam and just can’t be bothered.

Yes they seem to spawn in clusters. You could use the portals from the platform and still find these areas easily.

I agree, there are tons of completed and partly harvested meteors, which have more blocks left than a Level 1 or level 2 meteor. As people can see in the pics/vids there are quite a few that probably compare to a level 3.

If it’s busy and you get close enough to some of the spawns to get the meteor life you could easily also get hundreds of oort. I mostly kept clear of the spawning and was still getting over 100 oort per hour. Nothing like going on a hunt but considering the level of effort it’s a great bonus.

I disagree, you would have more 1-2 blocks of one colour. If you do a full meteor, you’d have 10 of the same colour. Whilst I think 10 is not very helpful as such already, 1-2 blocks of the same colour is even more useless. :wink:

But that’s just my limited few… as I can’t get to those gleambows and wouldn’t dare chasing one anymore… I can’t really tell. But I have been scavenging and it’s a bit frustrating, I only every a top of 4 of the same colour and can’t do anything with it. In rare occasions I have 10… but that’s basically because I’ve been aiming to get that same colour - let’s say if I saw blue - I tried to get left-over blue. But success is very limited (read: non-existant).

It sounds like you’re comparing this to doing the summoning in a busy area as they are here.

Normal solo gleambows brings you small meteors and they have a lot of colors in very few blocks.

A couple hours of solo gleambow hunting is going to net you 1- 6 each of a variety of colors and block types.

This is the first time they’ve had the augments. Before this was all gleambow was about.

2 Likes