Coil Powered Portals- For Longer Distance Warping

My idea is exactly what the description indicates.

Super Portals (Worm Hole Portals)

Powered by coils, e.g. “Super Portal Conduits” that can be crafted and placed into a smaller grid, 3x3 or 4x3 and the conduits need to be powered by energy coils placed behind or around them just like machines. Also need to have oortshards just like regular portals.

The outcome-
can open a Worm Hole or Super Portal that will effectively let you have a portal for warping, let’s say "100+ blinksecs to further planets without the need to have 9 warps, 9 beacons, on 9 planets to get across 20 planets from a SOV or any other planet.

I see the pitfall of owning a SOV, or living on a T5 or T6 halfway across the galaxy from where most players live and build (lower tier planets that are getting crowded) and get stuck with the headache of having to do what I mentored above just to link up with most of the player base.

There has been bridge conduits added to make a portal for crossing from a creative to a SOV, so why can’t we create a “super portal” that will allow us to warp from any planet to any other planet, no matter the distance, without having to make it 20x20 portals big?? And spend a rediculous amount of coin for oort.

Let’s make this game so anybody that lives anywhere, no matter how far away you live from anybody else, can still connect via 1 portal to the rest of the planets in the galaxy, just with a more advanced “higher end Super Portal!”

I believe this would also encourage people to move out and expand there empires onto other high tier default planets or create their own far out in the distance without feeling totally alienated from the rest of the players. :smiley:

8 Likes