Color of Trait Reduction Gum / Effect Gum

Just a simple nitpicky suggestion, but wouldn’t it be a tiny bit better if we could have a change of color for either the Trait Reduction Gum or for the Effect Gum?
I might be alone on this, but I think they look way too similar :
GumModelDifference
I would suggest to change the color of one or the other. Maybe a vivid yellow? Or a nice purple shade?

5 Likes

Yeah, the pure boon and one of the other boons looks exactly the same too.

Pure Boon 2 and 3?

I think it was pure 1 and draining 1 or something like that.

I play another game that had this same issue - they added more colors and stripes to the glass vials so that players could see more of a difference.

Quite right :
BoonPure-Draining

I guess it doesn’t help that all of these Centraforge Ingredients use one color per liquid.
It could be so much easier if the higher tier Ingredients (like Pure Boon Compound 3) had gradients of colors.

Like, here’s an example of potion icon from World of Warcraft, where you have the “common” health potion :
inv_potion_21
And then you have the more expensive potion that gives a buff for one hour :
inv_potion_112

If something like that could be achieved in Boundless…
I guess it would require a secondary model of vials with a special shader, but the payoff would be quite nice. It could allow to make even more Ingredients, and the higher-tier Ingredients would look like they actually are more expensive and better.

1 Like

Yes please I always put the wrong one :sob::joy:

1 Like

Imagine if there was a Draining Boon Compound 3 and it looked like this :
DrainingBoonCompound3_MockUp
With swirling ‘things’ inside the liquid… Yum! Grape flavored!

2 Likes

7 Likes

I completely agree! Was actually forging yesterday and was going to check for a thread about this. Thanks @Goblinounours
And I really love @majorvex’s color example.

2 Likes

@majorvex

1 Like

:rofl::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: