Combustion fraction

Okay, I will attempt to try this. Thank you guys. Still trying to wrap my brain around it.

This topic came up just in time, Iā€™m about to rip up my fractions and go over to 80/100 and was kinda dreading my way :joy:

1 Like

@SolidAtomic thanks for sharing I will be changing my layout to mirror yours also. Is this something I can visit? If so let me know the cords or how to get there please.

I got a portal linked to Portal Seeker on Beckon.

Thanks whatā€™s the name of the portal

doesnā€™t have a name. Itā€™s the middle one, on north side, right behind portal to Biitula.

1 Like

All my combustion fraction farm is set for 80% crop and 100% seed, 3 plants wide in a straight line. The ends of the rows I do have to embed extra corruption in the walls so the end caps have the same percentages, but otherwise itā€™s pretty self explanatory.

4 Likes

Doesnā€™t the seed on top of the blocks with lava burn off?

Well, clearly it doesnā€™t, but I know it does with goo if you place it on the bottom of a lava channel block!

1 Like

Iā€™ve never had problems with lava under my blocks for the inorganics, it does however burn grass off any soils that are adjacent. Iā€™m not sure about the goo, I remember not having an issue but then Iā€™m not goo farming so Iā€™d rather take your word for it. I know the goo lava burns adjacent sponge though

I mainly put lava on the underside of slope-chisel blocks because I have organic crops growing on a layer above and I hate losing precious blocks if water spilling from above happen to come into contact with lava and turns any chiseled blocks with lava in it into igneous stones.

Since fraction kernels are available on standard worlds Iā€™ve just set my farm for max crop @ 220/30. I just go to a couple of caves Iā€™ve saved on Norkyna and gather some kernels every so often.

3 Likes

Yep it does burn goo kernels but combustion and kindling can grow on a block that shares lava even if the lava is on top of the sloped block and the plant appears to be submerged in the lava. Accidentally pour lava on top of the block though and you will burn it.

1 Like

Hmm, odd.

I wonder of that is as intended?

Doesnā€™t seem quite right to me!

Can i ask how you get 80/100 at the edges as well?

Iā€™ve been trying out your layout, and get 80/100 everywhere except the edge blocks!

Edit: I worked it out! It was a lava thing only on the corners.

Just a shameless plug for:

I have examples of max crop, max seed and sustainability for all crops there for ya. :slight_smile:

Ayalla

3 Likes

if you have an ancient corruption block at corner and edge, you can get 80/100 on edge too. Get get 80/100 near the corner, you will need to add an additional lava in chiseled block

Hereā€™s my usual lava layout

Hereā€™s showing a block at edge not having 80/100 using usual lava layout

Hereā€™s two places not near corner with 80/100 using usual lava layout

Hereā€™s a modified lava layout for corner

Hereā€™s the same block from screenshot #2 but showing 80/100 using modified lava layout

2 Likes

Hi again.

Have you managed to lay out kindling in a similar manner?

Just about to start looking at that myself.

No. For kindling mass, I used a slightly modified version of Ayallaā€™s farm school setup for kindling mass tailored for 35% crop and 100% seed yields.

I donā€™t know if itā€™s of interest to you, but if you use your combustion layout, but make the lava full rows, you can get a uniform 70/95 for kindling.

wow, these are some sophisticated layouts, Iā€™ll be employing them when I start going for crop yields.

Currently Iā€™m using the simplest layout optimized only for 110% seed yield. Itā€™s not much, but Iā€™m posting cause I needed some time to figure out all the factors that are counted, might help someone :slight_smile:

1 Like