Community coin values for items

Let’s start agreeing on prices so we know what to sell base with.

Rules - only post prices that you can obtain in game. And a model for pricing: A stone (block) would be worth about 10 coins.
and iron ore - 100$
those are really rough prices, but are very fair for me and I’d pay that much any day.
Comment prices for items!

tell me if you disagree or agree.
My clump of prices:
Dirt, soil and mud - 1$ - 5$
Copper ore - 40$
Copper - 60$
iron ore 60$
iron - 80$
tallow - 35$
ancient tech component - 60$
fossil extract - 50$
----Tools----
gold - 700$
silver - 450
Iron - 300$
copper - 150$
stone - 60$
wood - 20$

Wait this is a proposition of an economic cartel? You know these things are illegal right? @Meowmere IS TRYING TO CONTROL THE MARKET!!! Abusing the the customers! Shame I say shame!

:angry:

6 Likes

shhh… You’ll blow the system.

1 Like

Lets start first for thinking how much coins you get per level and how much time it take/starts to take when higher levels, compare the levelling time to finding certain items and base the value on that. What is the % chance to find iron when levelling from 1 - 10 and how many coins you earned from that

Free the markets … Sell your stuff for what ever you want, buy stuff in the same manner … Simple rule and the time will form a base level for each item out there :wink:

4 Likes

If not someone creates a cartel anyway.

Prices are going to vary based on the resources in the immediate area, how long that market has been established in that spot, and the density of players in that market.

5 Likes

I set up a plinth for nearly everything. Im not really sure I wanna sell right Now because I’m pretty sure nobody will but anything. Thanks all for reading.

Sorry for double posting but I just completely realized what havok meant. Value a for things differ in areas say an iron scarce world … Iron would be expensive

has it been definitively proven that the tier of items goes copper < iron < silver < gold?

Pretty sure they dropped gold for mystical alloy or somehting like that.

Well, it’s either silver < gold or gold = silver.

You are only factoring in the cost of the item (and barely that). There is also labor cost. If you can buy two rocks or one stone, are they worth the same? It takes time to turn that rock into stone.

I can sell you 100 rocks or 50 stones. You could spend the twelve and a half minutes turning the rocks into stones, or you could just purchase the stones. Which do you choose? If not seen there, what of the hammer made from those stones? Three hammers will cost you six stones, but it will also cost you nine minutes time.

Remember that the cost of labor is a cost you pay for the time you are saving in not having to do the work.

2 Likes

The more time options usually need less materials. So then it becomes an equation of raw materials and time spent such as you stated.
Also, labor cost should include wear on the machine.

Creating a base guideline for coin values will never work. As @Havok40k already mentioned, prices will vary based on scarcity (among other factors of economics).This is why traveling to not only acquire other resources but to find the best shops is a key part of the game and trying to set a base value for items kind of ruins that part (not to mention you’ll be unable to force people to adhere to your values).

Although trying to run through these numbers as a community is a great way to discuss pricing theory, the true market doesn’t work like that.

For the miner, there is the cost of time and risk in getting every material. For the crafter there is cost of materials, time, and machine maintenance. For the trader, there is the cost of transport to market with any risks there. This means that the price of materials will vary based on proximity to those materials, scarcity, and risk. This is the value of the product to me.

From the perspective of the buyer, it is about how much you think your time savings is worth. How much time and risk would it take you to create that product? What is that time and risk worth to you? This is the value of the product to you.

This is the law of supply and demand. You have a need that you could fill yourself or pay me to fill. I have a product to sell. I could put any price on it, but you can always say, “No.” There is a balance to be found between your need and mine in which I can sell the most products at the highest price, achieving the greatest profitability over time.

4 Likes

Good system, but you must note, what the Workbench is a 4 boxes instead one whole item. So one box must cost (one Workbench will has 32¢ - plus three for crafting time).

And here is necessary to selling Trunks / Timbers / Rocks only from another worlds. Take plus of warp cost to it.