Community desires to test new features

There is this magical thing you can do these days for early access games. It’s called waiting til close to launch before buying in. Seriously you people have to stop buying an incomplete game that you are told is incomplete and will be updated over time and expecting every feature available when you want it. Like honestly please show me where the Dev team said buy this game early and receive all features playable right now and we will cater to your every need at the same time.

Actually a quite low value contribute here. You did not understand the thematic…

People here are very aware that an early access game is incomplete. And nothing was promised, when we accepted participating in an EA game. And it seems you also do not understand the meaning of early access. it is by far not waiting till the finished game appears. It is more likely testing unfinished content, helping to finish a developing game, supporting the dev’s in polishing bugs out, so on. I don’t know how long you are part of the community and actively following the games developement. The people debating here, are quite a long time.

So if you want to contribute, please do on a level that is aquired here… Seeing the topic being filled with those posts which mislead to other discussions always make the discussions unnecessary long.
So far…

@Clexarews I don’t think dev’s are not doing their best. In the end it is also not negative critics from my side, like you could read out. It’s more an individual opinion. It should be also seen as constructive, and as opinion of those who are not as deep in game developement as others.

The current developement can also lead to other assumptions (not by me, but by others who see the game from a far more distanced view). The conclusion that the current dynamics could be representative for some, as an indicator for future dynamics? Just look at the time passed, and the small amount of new features appeared to test.
If I would be simple minded, I could assume the game will have problems in future, when it is finished, that it will develope on frequent. In that case, if I would believe it, I would lose the game totally off sight and look for others. Gladly I am not that simple to be disappointed in a way I leave the game. I still have trust that the dev team will prove this assumption wrong in future.

From a dev point of view things might run right, from a marketing point of view and the amount of time spent on the developement in combination with EA potential, things are running suboptimal. Don’t you agree?
And the community who could be taken as a input ressource is also negatively influenced. If you be honest to yourself, you see (you and me included) about 20 - 30 people participating in suggestions / improvements / bug reports frequently. Don’t you think that’s a bit less for a development of 1.5 years (?) EA? If the feature implementation has been more frequent, I can imagine, far more people would have been activated already. The surveys would have been far more representative. There would have already been much more community work, more websites dealing with boundless as a game, more magazines writing reports, more public attention.
I agree, that the current way to develope the game is good, when all this is not desired by now.

Anyway, I just want to point out, this is not just a demand written in this topic, but much more constructive critics to make Boundless a great, world wide well know game. This is what I wish to myself for Boundless… The game experience with many people will be much better then with less.

1 Like

It actually is not a low value contribution since many people on EA games can’t grasp the simple concept of EA. Where were you told that you must buy a game in early access? No where… because like everything else it is up to us what we buy. If you are not prepared to wait through slow development for extensive game play then you should not buy an EA game.

See when you buy any game you should be willing to take the risk that your demands will not be met. No where did I say that you should treat early access as a pre-purchase… so please don’t put words in my mouth.

1 Like

@Vencedor Sorry, you are wrong! As @Smoothy descriped more than detailed EA is not just plain waiting and be “happy” with everything (like you suggest, at least it sounds like this).

You can read a LOT more about EA here and here. Please take your time and read some of this sources but in the meantime and in short let Steam “describe” what EA is for them (IIRC B< is released on Steam).

1 Like

I think @Vencedor is trying to highlight the difference between providing constructive feedback on available features vs. forums tantrums over a few weeks of no new updates (despite the devs telling us over and over that they want to bundle the next set of features). One is expected in EA games, the other is just rather embarrassing.

He’s not saying a requirement of buying EA games is to wait until close to launch. He’s saying if you want content to test and mess around with, it’s maybe better to wait until then because, logically, that’s when more content would be available.

4 Likes

Simple as following or wishlisting game are extremely helpful for early access games if you didn’t know :wink:

I disagree completely. How can you read that out of vencedors posts? Those might be your words, but his are more about our investment in a early access game and what we await (interpreted wrong either).

Your words are far different from his.

Anyhow still think his comments don’t really have value to this discussion, because he didn’t reflect our points at all. Just that I criticized his contribution value. But really didn’t want to discuss that here. (This is what I mean: posts like that mislead the discussed topic)

But @Clexarews, what do you think about that?

You didn’t really respond to. But don’t you think there is some potential missed?

1 Like

I really like how you argued without actually reading my comment obviously. For the people that can’t grasp my point again I’ll do it even clearer… In no way is an Early Access game (Boundless) is like a pre-purchase (let’s say WoW expansions) where you simply just pay and wait. I understand that…What I keep saying is that people need to stop getting on these games and expecting masses of content added at a frequent rate. I’m not saying that you just wait until release but what you have to understand is that an EA game is a WORKING PROGRESSION. So I am saying that for all the people who are on these forums complaining they haven’t received everything fast enough even when there are explanations as to why, is that don’t do it, don’t complain because you have all been told what the go is.

2 Likes

See here’s the problem you can’t see. What I am saying is if you do not have the patience to play a game that is a working progress then just wait. If you’re here complaining about the lack of current playable content… wait. Good games take time to create and you should understand that. If the developers said we are getting our new content in one big package then just wait don’t complain you want more right now be patient let it be done good.

1 Like

You people have to not take one fragment of a post and then skew it to your argument, whilst disregarding the rest.

1 Like

Taking one small portion and ignoring the rest…

Did you even read one of the sentences i (or @Smoothy) wrote ?

This is exactly what you do :+1:

Sorry, but as long as you don’t even “respond” to things others said and only “pray phrases” there is no possibility for “constructive discussion”.

See here’s the problem you can’t accept. Let my try to explain this one last time …

1. I’m (and most others) “waiting” since 2014 (just let me state this because you seem to think we are “brand new”)
  2. The game was delayed multiple times (often without any information)
  3. There are no “concrete” roadmaps anymore (neither for features nor for release - this is a deterioration compared with the beginning [Oort Online])
  4. There is no “active” player base anymore (in the past there have been a lot more active users)
  5. No one is “forcing” or “pushing” - but “negative” statements might try to point on problems (i can only speak for myself)
  6. Few “updates” and “delayed updates” are nearly always a bad sign (especially in software development).
  7. It’s not the first time that players “demand” more updates or more information (you might have missed this in the past). [For me. updates are also DETAILED devlog posts about gameplay aspects - don’t get me wrong here]
  8. Even if EA is not an actuall “purchas” of a final product and even if there is a chance that requirements change, there should be an active communication and there should be more information (e.g. design devlogs, more frequent updates).
  9. It’s often said “there is a big update in the pipeline” it’s often only “gossip” (this might sound rude [sorry], i don’t know the english word for my thoughts). You might like this GIF - even if it’s only fun it describes the situation.

Maybe you should read again through this topic and a few current similar topic (here and here).

There are a lot of good reasons why there should be more updates and why the current “dev strategy” is most likely leading on a doomed path.
I really hope this game is doing well but the current signs are “bad”

Let me close this post with a question …

Imagine if you’re building your house and the building company delays every deadline they put up in the past (without informing you about why and when your hous will be ready) and they even changing the size and appearance of every room you had planned with your architect (again without letting you really know why) would you accapt this and say “just wait - I have had accapted the risk when i assigned the building contract” ?

I’m quite sure you’d ask them after the second delay at the very latest, too. This is not pushing nor is it “not accepting” this concept (taking the risk things become other than expected) this topic (updates) is a lot about information and trust formation. Every missed deadline and every not explained feature undermines the players trust and diminishes the future success.

FYI: You can “edit” your prior posts. “Spamming” 4 new posts in a row is “bad style” in most forums / community boards.

2 Likes

Delays are expected always in development since devs are people too. They can get flue what results to focusing problems especially in UK where is always over 70 % humidity no matter what season. PLUS they are making PS4 version same time with PC version to keep PS4 version par with PC version (told in here)

I’m going to put a final warning here to keep this thread civil and stop the silly arguing, otherwise I’ll close it (unless the other leaders disagree).

3 Likes

Yes but doing it on a forum about a video game for the sake of being an argumentative child is just ignorant. Sure if this was a professional debate then yes by all means. But you’ve proved you are being argumentative for the sake of it, congratulations on showing the toxicity of a community before the game released :D! Umm also if you didn’t notice we’ve been discussing topics months ago I know that this game has been around for a while and I’ve been eagerly awaiting it for over a year as well, doesn’t mean I cry every time something doesn’t go my way in the game.

But I really shouldn’t be arguing because I’m not disappointed with game development. I knew the risks of investing in a game under-development from a company I’ve never heard of. I understand that there will be delays and things may not go according to my plan so I’m happy with Boundless the way it’s going, I trust the developers and will let them continue on their path to creating Boundless. Enjoy your misery over a video game, maybe make wiser purchases in the future.

1 Like

So @Heurazio/@Smoothy, as a recap, you’re both upset at the pace at which this game is progressing, it’s lack of current publicity, the absence of a heavier population on these forums, and what you believe to be a void of information from the devs on the current state of things and future plans?

Just want to make sure I’ve got it right so we can all stop using the “you didn’t read what I said” argument even when people have and are just disagreeing.

1 Like

Well, actually I’m not upset at all, about how things are done. And I mean not to have mentioned this somewhere. It is mainly a bit discouraging to stay up to date to the game, because of lack in usable content.
What I see is, that the majority has more understanding for it then I and that’s totally okay to me. I just tried to reflect some worries regarding marketing and early audience. But seems, I’m in minority with thoese worries.

What I am not okay with and indeed upsetted me the vencedor guy with his first post. Talking to us like with babies in a rude and inappropriete tone, I didn’t see in this forum yet. Furthermore didn’t respond on anything what was discussed here. Prove me wrong if you can! That’s why in first case I ignored that first answer and went on the line and called his post “low value” to get him back on track. When I go on the posts he even gets ridiculously rude.

@Squidgy hopefully your warning went for that? You know me and @Heurazio long time now. As most of the others here. We contribute with lot of proposals, constructive comments and feedback. Did we ever blamed someone when we were different opinion? You know, we didn’t…

The thread itself is closed for me, enough said to it from my side. I will keep waiting for updates. But I like to propose to speak out a warning to @Vencedor for being too rude and destructive. It was more likely an attack against us then constructive contribution. This does not belong into this forum.

Sorry, but I needed to speak this out.

4 Likes

This! Both, game updates (concrete releases of new stuff in the game) and gameplay concepts (see the list in the “question appeal” topic).

For everything else i agree with @Smoothy.

1 Like

I’m not too sure if this is the right thread for me to write this, and I read some of the critic here.
I wanted to give a positive feedback to the devs for one particular feature which sadly doesn’t really apply to gameplay, but rather is a playful and very simple visual treat - I think it was, when you move sideways from left to right or the otherway round, the tools seem to twist direction a little. I don’t know if this is seen as groundbreaking in general, but it is a very nice idea. I would even say this could be enhanced in first or third person view. Assumed you turn the head pressing the right stick or mouse-movement straight into one single direction either to the left or right, the viewport also could twist a little by turning into the opposite direction for 5(?) degrees. I hope this is comprehensible, otherwise I would have to try and sketch it maybe. A big problem would be up or down movement via right pad stick.Wouldn’t know how to add a similar behaviour there. Maybe it could fade out the more the head movement goes into an up or downward direction.

1 Like