Community-Powered Sovereign Planet Finder

If you own a beacon with a single portal to a sovereign planet name the beacon after the planet and then sell a creative portal conduit for 99999. (if you pick exactly 5 9s maybe some of the computer-y people can do something with the shop API)

People looking for sovereigns can then use shop finder by searching for creative portal conduits to find your portal.

If enough people agree to do this it could be useful :slight_smile:

(While I’m at it, I had a similar idea to do this with Letter Boxes, for when you’re searching for someone’s letter box… if people sell a letter box for 9999 next to a placed letter box, then you can search for letter box locations)

1 Like

Like a unique phone number for 411 info or 911 emergency? Might want to select diff numbers than 99999 though. I’ve seen a lot of ppl use that for display items. If they are selling an item for the exact #/price (ie: creative conduit for 456575) maybe it could pick it up without having to rename the beacon?

I don’t know if it will help with the API, but smart idea! :+1: :blush:

Most the portals are in hubs. That would be on the hubs to do and seems like something that could get messy and possibly not fit in with the hub design

I was thinking about setting up a form and spreadsheet where people can report sovereign portal locations. That combined with the world color browsing I’ve seen being worked on would solve a lot of “what can I get” problems.

The problem would be that a spreadsheet like that would require people to use it and report information regularly, so idk if it will work.

Yeah I was thinking a fancy version of this is to ask people to set the price to 999#### where #### comes from the world ID that the discord bot spits out, but tbh the main idea is just to let people find it using knowledge tab–fancier features depend on ppl with the shop API key and doing a cross match with sovereign planet names is also possible and doesn’t rely too much on the prices being exactly set to any value.

Good point, here I am considering people who have personal portals from a small base on the nearest perma planet or from their home directly to the planet.

My personal opinion is that in-game is better than 3rd party whenever possible, the shop stand idea kinda straddles both (since it’s proposing a custom that would be based on this forum post).

Currently if you want to find planet A, you look it up on the forums to see if people have posted about it and posted where the portal location is (hopefully something you know how to find).

If planet A’s owner has a portal on a perma world, and did this thing, you look up planet A in the BUTT listing for creative conduits and know which planet has a portal, and your compass guides you to that portal even if you’ve never heard of X Hub or Y Hub.

Currently this won’t work because Creative Portal Conduit is not in BUTT yet :stuck_out_tongue: