Compactness: Testing Incentives To Merge

Devs serious need to read that whole thing. Post it on the office fridge, plz, k, thx :smiley:

1 Like

Ok hereā€™s my suggestion.

The devs get everyoneā€™s birthdays.

Then they determine birthday modulus compactness

If the result matches your altitude, you get 5% extra footfall.

^^

This this

1 Like

Sad to say it, but I feel like the approach here has consistently been one of punitive measures, of trying to circumscribe perceived criminality rather than ask why everyone is committing the same crimes over and over. This has informed countless changes to the gameā€™s systems, and at this point it canā€™t be perceived as a fluke - itā€™s a core part of their philosophy.

I donā€™t know the exact date when I came to this revelation, but now Iā€™ve just changed my expectations accordinglyā€¦ I know the game will never be what I want because itā€™s pretty well established that the devs have something far different in mind, so now I just wait to see if it will at least become something I can still use.

And what you just said here would kill even THAT aspirationā€¦ The fear of this has been lurking in the back of my mind ever since Creative Mode came into being, and I wonā€™t be ready to pull the trigger on a rental world until Iā€™ve read allllllll of the fine print.

And if it matches your aTTitude you get 5% more!

1 Like

I used Cheat bread on the singleplayer to get enough cubits to get enough plots to plot a whole world. I havent plotted the whole world, but I have more plots than I know what to do with.

But that in the same nomming of bread, ruins progression, killing or numbing that good feeling of YES DING! Level up!

But in the public worlds, I have had to reduce my build area, to get plots back, to fill in the holes, in prep for the change this system of compression goes live.

I hope the compressions system gets thrown in the digital wastebin, and opt/in opt out settlement options are considered, where only players I give permission to can connect to my settlementā€¦ And/or consider some other idea that doesnt force me to plot in places I dont really want, just to keep the lots I want protected from griefers and settlement name thieves.

The only reason I care about prestige (in current system) is to get that reserved boundary, to prevent people from taking leadership of my area (without my permission*) where I want to build my eye candy. I purposely use high prestige blocks at first, is to get to 10k to get that reservation border. Once past that 10k, I then just focus on what blocks I like, instead of what blocks give prestige.

This compact system would force me to also think about how I plot in addition to how much prestiege I have. I am NOT a fan of this compact proposal. I hope they dismiss it,totally rethink how to handle this issue of settlement theft and griefing plots, without damaging the creativity of players.

Is this not ā€œBoundlessā€ after all?

without permission* = i.e. Bot had my permission, and I, his. Before I connected to his area, I asked him if it was ok I plot up to his road, and he was fine with it.