Complaints about changes

Too everyone complaining about changes, I came to this game for the MMO aspect… IF you want everything handed too you… Go play minecraft creative… and stop complaining.

19 Likes

My only two is the constant crashes, and settlement tab being bugged. Other then that, it is what it is.

3 Likes

Well that is understandable… My complaint is towards the people complaining that they aren’t being spoon fed the resources in the game… They… shh don’t want to say it too loud… (They have to actually…play the game.) Not just throw a few bombs in a hole and collect near everything.

6 Likes

oh boy, this will be a constructive topic /s

8 Likes

Ahem.

Shape your citizen, forge your destiny and sculpt your world in this epic voxel sandbox MMO built on endless possibility.

This is the quote on the Steam page.

In a Boundless universe of connected worlds, every player’s choices will have an impact. Explorer? Builder? Hunter? Trader? Crafter? Make your own path.

Open portals to travel seamlessly between diverse planets as you expand your adventure across the universe. Watch the sun rise on a volcanic world before joining friends to prospect for precious resources on a desert planet.

Starting with your first humble campfire, will you live a nomadic life in the wild, or found a new settlement with your allies from which to grow your empire? Rally citizens to expand your city, competing to become the capital of your world and claiming the title of Viceroy.

Shape your citizen, forge your destiny, and sculpt your world in this epic voxel sandbox MMO built on endless possibility.

This is the quote from the PS4 store page.

Notice something? Both basically say “Play how you want” And the PS4 one even flat out says: “will you live a nomadic life in the wild, or found a new settlement with your allies from which to grow your empire?”

Aka, will you play single player style alone, or group with friends to make a city.

The complaints I, and other people have, is that the changes are constantly making the game harder, forcing people to group up to make the game easier. But A, not everyone wants to do that. And B, the game isn’t advertised that way.

The game is advertised that you can play ANY style. That you can be a builder, and not have to Craft or Gather. That you can be a Gatherer and not have to Craft. That you can be a Hunter without needing to Gather or Craft.

That you can pick 1 way to play the game, and not need the others. But you DO need the other styles. Because the only way to make money is to do missions, which is across all styles of play, and when that runs out you HAVE to make a shop, or get money from friends.

You can’t just be a Gatherer or Hunter, cause within a few hours your tools break. Then you either have to craft your own, being a Crafter and not Gatherer or Hunter, or sell the items you’ve Gathered as a Trader/Shop Owner to make money to buy new tools.

‘Footfall’ money is free money to Builders, someone who builds a plot to get people visit it, and the daily free money is 100c.

As I’ve pointed out in another thread, you ‘Can’ play any way you want. At first. When the missions are giving lots of money. But within a few days those missions, and that money, dries out as you keep replacing tools and weapons. Not including having to constantly buy food to keep from dying and to regen health from the mobs attacking you, and have more energy to use tools and weapons.

Eventually you’re FORCED to either become a Shop Owner/Trader to make money, to keep buying tools. Or Forced to be a Crafter, to craft your tools yourself.

None of that is advertised about the game at all.

5 Likes

Agreed. I think the Devs want the economy to be the spine of the game, which is fine, but I think a few things would need to change to track with that, namely making shop stands easier to craft and not starting new characters out in the wilderness.

1 Like

My way if fixing it would be to do what every other MMO does. Have NPCs with Quests to grind, and make the Mobs drop money.

Take Eve Online for example. It has the same motto “Play how you want” You can be a Trader, a Hauler, a Miner, or a Combater.

However where Eve and Boundless split, is that there are NPCs with quests you can do, based on all those jobs as well. There are quests to go to an area and mine ore as a Miner. There are quests to take items from the NPC to a specific locations, or pick them up there and being them back to the NPC as a Hauler. And so on.

And those quests give you money to spend and use.

But in Boundless, the only new money is 100c daily, and new players creating money by doing missions.

There is no way to ‘generate’ money. And while irl that’s a good thing, to have an enclosed money system with no new money added very often. In IRL, a Shop Owner can horde a mass wealth, and then stop playing IRL and move on to a different game, making all the money he collected vanish from the game.

This is a big problem for the game. Very limited ways to Generate money, but lots of way for people to take money and then stop playing, removing the money from the game.

Unlike irl, money isn’t encircled. People are paid by their jobs, to spend that money at a store, which uses that money to get people paid by their jobs, to spend that money at a store, and so on.

And even then, money irl isn’t a closed system, each government will inject new money into circulation every couple of years because of people dying with wealth, or money getting lost, damaged, destroyed, or being horded.

But this game’s economy is badly designed. Taking Eve Online again as an example, they actually hire Professional Economy majors to help them designed how to balance the economy of the game, and I doubt Boundless is willing to do something like that.

Out of all the aspects of the game, money is the biggest failure, cause missions are the only way for a player to get money to spend on game stores, unless they make a store themselves and get people to buy their items. Which is a very hard thing to do, especially if everyone does it.

1 Like

Buildings will have no value if everything is free, then the game will become void and worthless. The devs lose money, you lose all the “hard work” you put into the game. You also can’t have it both ways, you either do whatever you want which means people can’t adventure because everything is free… or Nothing is free, and you have to work for your buildings. In the end, I agree with the changes, people who spend money will agree too. Also footfall is a lot more then you think. I make 10k a day for footfall… Granted my land is near 1,000 plots.

3 Likes

Farmin’ sap and selling to request baskets is decent money.

2 Likes

If you only have a plot worth $300 plus end game materials to build cool things, you too can participate in the economy!

Tooo everyone complaining about complaining about changes, I came to this game for the sandbox building aspect… IF you want to grind everything… Go play DDO… and stop complaining.

5 Likes

No sir, you joined the “MMO” Sandbox. IF you want creative mode, go elsewhere because things ARE NOT going back to freebie mode. Get used too it.

1 Like

I was just teasing, see how easy it is to sub out words and be just as wrong!

2 Likes

MMO stands for Massively, Multiplayer, Online.

It does not stand for Grinding, Forced Multiplayer, Job Without Pay

3 Likes

Why would I pay for minecraft when I have already paid for a SANDBOX game called “Boundless” ?

3 Likes

You paid for a MMO called Boundless.

Then you have not seen how this game is advertised :))

Funny I paid for a Sandbox MMO.

6 Likes

Which is a Sandbox game, just with other people. In other words, it’s Minecraft Multiplayer, without the singleplayer.

So why is the game not like that, @Iniquitouslegion?

3 Likes

you again complaining about that you take the world “endless” to serious.
i ask yo again: where is my shotgun?