[COMPLETE] Very brief downtime from 10:30 AM GMT

Heh, it’s my new anti-mod tactic!

You know, anyone that needs to mod the game because they find it too difficult likes to play video games on easy mode…

I was getting too annoyed, I’m still gonna be a ■■■■ about it, but at least I’m not so stressed! :grin:

1 Like

@Havok40k @Stretchious May I suggest editing the title of the thread to add a “[COMPLETE]” mark to indicate it’s not a new downtime? Since the thread keeps being bumped back to the top. ^^

I would if I could, but I can’t - needs to be done by Sam or another dev with equivalent permissions.

Done :blush:

3 Likes

Thank you very much.

2 Likes

You can find the Far Sight mod here (it’s been around for a long time and used commonly by hunt leaders):

doing a gleambow run on Ceph today and STILL these pss poor 25s timers… like how is anyone suppose to run long distances make it ontime for these?

EDIT: This one just landed infront of me luckily enough but look at that timer… if you like a hand full of hills/mountains away and not that quick like many well setup players you stand no chance…

It seems like the 2.30-3.00 minute timers were the perfect sweet spot

1 Like

I’d actually say name it “discussion of meteor timers” since that’s what it’s become haha - and it’s a useful convo

1 Like

even when Ceph was at 1m 12s it was fine tbh… these new timers are like a yoyo… they change as I guess when the planet reaches X amount of players or something… had 11 during the snapshot. and before someone says go to T6 and what not for better times etc… I am basing this on as if I was a new player… Biitula with less players had 1m20s timers…

The timers are adaptive per world as far as I know… if people are getting to the meteors quickly then the next timers are subsequently shortened, if they get to them too slowly, then the timer is extended.

1 Like

we don’t need to hear you brag how fast you can get them… I am basing this off as a new player trying to get some of the goodies from the event… they stand no chance.

1 Like

What’s the minimum then, I wonder? Or is there one? I’ve seen some really short ones - even on T6 planets. I wonder if they were all reset to 1.30 minutes and then adjust from there?

For some, that’s gonna be a lot of wasted time, brews, frustration, etc to wait until the timers adjust down until they can get to one.

1 Like

Lol, bragging.

I could say no-one needs to hear anyone whining about how it’s too hard!

Looks more like a discussion & concern for our fellow players that aren’t reaching many or any of the Gleambows :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Not whining since I’ve been getting my fair share… as stated many times I’m more concerned about NEW players not having in on the fun since its impossible for them to even get to the gleambow before the timer runs out.

1 Like

Most are to be fair, and my posts are counterpoints in that discussion.

I take exception to being being told that I’m bragging, and I making a point to directly counterpoint that accusation.

Also, you missed an important part of my post:

Please note, unlike your post, I did not direct my statement at any specific person.

except for as soon as I posted you replied to it… but anyways lets just end this here and let the original topic of this post continue as it was… :slight_smile:

Apology accepted.