Comprehensive Beginner Guide (Release 198+)

You can forge bomb which are 200times more effective than digging tunnels. Also hammers that one hit blocks an mine 9 blocks at once. Items that automaticaly loot all monsters within 8 meters range and attracts items. Grapples with 50 basic meters range… etc

1 Like

Don’t forget Light! so that awesome 9 block hitting hammer can brighten your tunnel to leave your extra hand open for say some food or a grapple

I wanted to bump this up for anyone that needs the info. There’s some outdated info, but 99% of it is still awesome and valid :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does luck work for mining because I was told it doesn’t?

I believe it helps with the drop rate for gems and metals. Not 100% but believe it does

Okay well looks like I will just have to do some testing then to find out.
Thxs

I just know when started on alder I was getting 1-2 copper but more I upgraded luck the more I got. I get 3-5 iron/copper now on planets but not sure if it’s just cuz it’s a higher planet I’m on

That’s what I was told that with metals and gems the tier of the planet determines drops not the luck skill but that was the same guy who though it would be fun to force merge all of tana so idk how reliable that info is.
Trolls gonna troll after all… sigh

Higher tiers have a larger range of drops, luck helps you hit the max of that range more often. I.E. getting 4 iron per block instead of 1 per on a higher planet.

I notice it the most while mining.

1 Like

Good to know that it does actually help thanks for the info. :grin:

I don’t know if your level could be a factor also. I noticed that as I leveled higher I was finding/collecting more copper, coal and iron on level2 planets. Lots of copper and coal on level 1 and a small bit of iron. Didn’t do as good today as I did a couple days ago, in two hours, level 42, I got over 300 copper, over 240 coal and no iron.
I’m not able to go to level 3 and up planets unless my son is with me; just a fact, I don’t have a problem with it. I can trade for what I need or buy it sometimes. But, when my son and I went to a coal planet, I got less there in over four hours than I do on a level 2 planet. I think we got a bad spot, or one that has been mined previously and hadn’t fully regenerated.
Using a atlas can help also. I keep forgetting to get one, but have my favorite spots so don’t need it for the level 2.
There is a shop at the G. Mall that sells them at reasonable prices (300 and up I think) so you could check that out.
Don’t know if that helps, but wanted to add what I think could be a factor.