Connecting Error 21

Today, when launching Boundless through Steam, I encountered a connecting error about an invalid auth token. I have restarted my computer, and signed out/back in to Steam, and the issue persists. Here’s what the message looks like:

I was just going to log in and the same thing happened to me.

Ah, ok. Maybe a server issue then.

working for me now

Me too. Disregard issue. :stuck_out_tongue:

I just got this too, figured it was related to an earlier issue i was having. Guess i restarted my computer for nothing :sweat_smile:

Anytime you see an ERROR 21, take note that it’s a Steam thing. Also, and most importantly, don’t act on it, don’t do anything! It’ll right itself eventually.

I say this because not long ago, I got the same error. I looked a little too much into it on google and ended up uninstalling and reinstalling Steam. In the process, I lost all my screenshot folders! Thousands of images from NMS and around another 1000 from my first 6 months or so in Boundless. I was gutted anyway, but I was even more gutted when I learned that if I had only waited, the problem would have just gone away. :frowning:

So, don’t do what I did. Stay the frack away from google and just wait it out lol. It’ll all come right in the end. :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for the info am just having this issue now as its worked every day since I got the game will wait it out like you say :slight_smile:

Had the same issue myself an hour ago, did a verify integrity of the game files then waited like 20 minutes and it seems to have worked

Usually it’s just steam server are down for maintenance or w/e, you just have to wait until it comes back.